Do you know this Honeywell system?

Sacedog

The attached picture is of a Honeywell alarm system in my parents house. The house was built in the 1980's.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this system, and if I would be able to replace it with an Elk. I would like to not have to change any of the contacts, or motions, as they are already in place, and work fine.

If you have any info on this system, please respond. Thanks!

edit: In case you can't read it from the attached pic, the system board is labeled: System 1500e Mod II Control Panel Board 24760819 Rev. C

Attachments

• Honeywell.jpg
    Honeywell.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 99
Replacing it with an Elk shouldn't be an issue at all. You would have to replace the main control board, keypads, and wireless sensors if you have any.

The attached picture is of a Honeywell alarm system in my parents house. The house was built in the 1980's.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this system, and if I would be able to replace it with an Elk. I would like to not have to change any of the contacts, or motions, as they are already in place, and work fine.

edit: In case you can't read it from the attached pic, the system board is labeled: System 1500e Mod II Control Panel Board 24760819 Rev. C

Just curious. Is the enclosure plastic? From the picture it does not look like a metal can.

Don't forget about the EOL Resistors, if any.

That's my main concern. I do not want ot go around fishing the contacts out to change the EOLs, so I was hoping that someone could identify it for me, so that I could find out what Ohm the resistors were. I guess if I am lucky, they didn't use any, and I could do the same. Not ideal, but better than no alarm at all (the Honeywell keypad is not working correctly).

Just curious. Is the enclosure plastic? From the picture it does not look like a metal can.

Correct, it is a plastic or ABS can. It just has a couple of pressure fit spikes at the top that hold it closed.

Correct, it is a plastic or ABS can. It just has a couple of pressure fit spikes at the top that hold it closed.

Interesting.... if you replace it I might be interested in it. Is there a UL Listing on it?

Don't forget about the EOL Resistors, if any.

That's my main concern. I do not want ot go around fishing the contacts out to change the EOLs, so I was hoping that someone could identify it for me, so that I could find out what Ohm the resistors were. I guess if I am lucky, they didn't use any, and I could do the same. Not ideal, but better than no alarm at all (the Honeywell keypad is not working correctly).
You need to get a multimeter and measure the resistance of the pair of wires going to the sensors. Take the wires off the terminal then measure between the those pairs with the meter in ohms. Make sure your fingers are not touching the leads.

Open the sensor so it reads "infinite" then close it and it will read around 4 ohms or so if no EOL is installed, or the EOL value itself. This will also help you ring out the wiring making sure it is OK before installing another panel.

I would also clip after one of those splices in the can and repeat these readings in case the EOL's were wrapped up in there.

Back