Dog crap!

damage

Yesterday after work, I was playing with my kids in the front of our house & noticed a patch of grass that was torn up. It was odd since it wasn't like that the day before. I looked a little closer & found dog crap on our grass!

So of course, I go to our camera control page on our intranet & take a look at when this could have happened. It shows a thumbnail for the last 10 events that triggered motion sensors around the front of our house (previous events are stored as well but thumbnails aren't shown on the web page). It wasn't hard to find that yesterday, at 6:55 AM, a woman walking a black labrador retriever walked by our house, let her dog crap on our lawn and walked away without cleaning up.

From the video, I was able to recognize this person as someone who lives on the next street. I usually see her husband walking their dog in the morning around this same time. Now the question is, what should I do to avenge my lawn?

Also, as you can see the image quality isn't that great (it's a 4 year old $25 camera I got from Target) so I'm sure I can convince the wife it's time to upgrade to something better :lol:

Attachments

• poop.jpg
    poop.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 75
I really hate it when my neighbors lets their dogs lose, and they run right to my lawn to do their thing, so I totally understand. I was thinking of buying one of those 'whistles' you can mount on your car to scare deer away (assuming this would work with dogs), or move my sprinkler to within range, and have this turn on whenever there is motion on the grass.

It's hard to confront people about this, since they will just do it more (if they were nice people, or cared, they wouldn't have let this happen to begin with).

Good luck and keep us posted.

That's pretty good :lol:
You could put a sign on your lawn "Property monitored by video surveillance - please clean up after your dog. Thank you!" to impersonalize the message. Not to mention scaring away thieves. Maybe the thief will go around the other side of the block as ultimate revenge!

electron said:
I really hate it when my neighbors lets their dogs lose, and they run right to my lawn to do their thing, so I totally understand. I was thinking of buying one of those 'whistles' you can mount on your car to scare deer away (assuming this would work with dogs), or move my sprinkler to within range, and have this turn on whenever there is motion on the grass.

It's hard to confront people about this, since they will just do it more (if they were nice people, or cared, they wouldn't have let this happen to begin with).

Good luck and keep us posted.
this happened before with some other dog owner & i confronted her. but this didn't make her stop, especially since i had no idea where she lived. instead she would bring her dog by at 1 or 2 AM!!!!?? so i set up an old x10 powerhorn siren on my porch & had that scream when someone came by our house between 1-3 AM. she never came back again.

unfortunately, because we own a dog, other dogs are attracted to our yard so this is going to happen. but i just don't understand how some dog owners, who take the time to walk their dogs, can't take 5 seconds to clean up after them.

nsisman said:
Scoop it up and throw it back on her lawn in broad daylight !
That's what I would do, only maybe on the walkway to her front door. I have black lab also and he can leave a good several pounds behind when he does his thing so I always make him go in my yard before we head out on our daily walk.

I would mail the photo too her along with a letter asking her not to do it again. If she does it again then I would put the photo in a box with the scooped up dog crap and stick it on her porch.

Edit: or you could make copies and hang them up asking people if they know this dog keeper?

Or you could be like "Me, Myself, and Irene" and go pinch a log on their lawn. Might be a bit extreme but it was funny in the movie
:lol:

Sort of an off-take on Squintz's idea, place the picture in a plastic protective holder and post it on your lawn. That's all that should be needed. It's legal and all on your property. Maybe even place a clever comment on it like "Please pick up after your dog".

nsisman said:
Scoop it up and throw it back on her lawn in broad daylight !
Now that's nasty.

You should package it nicely and mail it, with a polite note saying that you found it and believe it belongs to her.

Step 1 ......Put it in a paper bag

Step 2 ......wait till after dark

Step 3.......put the bag of poop on her doorstep

Step 4.......set it on fire

Step 5.......ring the doorbell

Step 6 ......run to the sidewalk and watch her stomp it out !

Now that's nasty !

Neil,
That's what we used to do as kids. It's so funny to watch someone stomp dog doo. I have sinced grown up and it's not nearly as fun.

Back