Premise [download] Module: MiniBrowser - supports mulitple user-interfaces

Motorola Premise
Perhaps I'm blind but I can't seem to find the "iPhone Icons.zip" file anywhere on this forum. It was referenced in the original post instructions but it's not bundled with the MiniBrowser download package. I have the original Icons created by Chuck Lyons but, as 123 stated, we need these modified to use the common naming convention.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated...

Welcome to Cocoontech and the Premise forum!

Oh to have the time to organize the Downloads forum! I believe the file you are searching for is located here. Download the zip archive and extract the iPhone folder; it contains Chuck's iphonicized icons.

In case you're wondering, MiniBrowser used to come in different flavors, one optimized for generic browsers (Rob Brun's module called XBrowser) and another optimized for the iPhone (Chuck's work). You can still find all of them in the downloads forum but I wouldn't bother because the current version of MiniBrowser combines all flavors into one tasty module.

FWIW, there's an updated version of MiniBrowser currently in beta that displays more kinds of Premise objects (i.e. SecuritySystem, SecurityZone, Keypad, Buttons).

If you need help with Premise, just give us a holler and we'll do our best to get you up and running.

There are also a new version of icons coming - .pngs for much clearer and sharper images. They will work with the MB just fine...and have the right naming convention ;)

MiniBrowser V2.1's major new enhancement:
It supports the SecuritySystem object and 4 or 6 digit passcodes. If a SecuritySystem object is bound to an ELK M1 and QuickArm is enabled, you don't need to supply a passcode for arming.
NOTE: MiniBrowser V2.1 uses JavaScript to render the SecuritySystem object. As a result, it cannot be used by devices with ancient browsers (like a 3COM Audrey) that offer very limited support for JavaScript.

Other goodies:
Also supports SecurityZone, Keypad and Button objects.
Handles virtually all variations of objects that inherit from the Appliance class.
The Status feature has been improved (mostly for developers).

Awesome, 123!!!
I've been waiting patiently for this ever since you teased me with what was in store for the upgrade :)

Thank you!

You're welcome. I hope it works well for you. Please post any issues you may encounter and I'll do my best to resolve them.

I've run into a couple of issues (questions)...what changed w/ CSS handling? I have yet to get my CSS to load - changed directories to make sure the path wasn't botched, etc. Still nothing...I put it into the template, and shows when a session is initiated, which leads to the second question..more times than not, it doesn't start a session, although I'm able to run the MB as normal. Any ideas? Not getting a session makes it challenging to see what is (or isn't) getting loaded...

To my knowledge, MiniBrowser does not employ CSS (more precisely, the two versions posted here do not use CSS). All text decorations are achieved using simple HTML statements like FONT Bold etc. The same is true for TABLES. Are you talking about a customized MiniBrowser version?

Be sure to restart prkernel after upgrading MiniBrowser otherwise it can behave badly (i.e. No sessions ).

Today I installed the new Minibroswer, as well as the latest ZWave module. So far, no issues to report. Everything is working very well!!

123, Thanks for incorporating my suggestions on sensor status.

etc6849, The lock support in the Zwave module works much better with Minibrowser. This is a positive step forward.

Mark

I have been using CSS for MB additions - mbTivo, for instance, is largely CSS driven. Commands and images are pulled from the mbRenderTivoControls while the postioning, etc is derived from the CSS which helps with device sizing (see pic - requires mbMediaShortcutEx to get to AV devices...)
In any event, the pic illustrates the CSS from the previous MB - any ideas on what may have changed?

Attachments

• MBTivo.png
    MBTivo.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 22
I found how to fix the issue, but not why it's not working. I am under the impression that UICSS would use the CSS as loaded in the template. I don't see that happening. If I add a hard coded line into MiniBrowserFunctions
Code:
sHTML = sHTML & ("<link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/images/ip/iphone.css""/>")
then it works...

One minor issue I did notice....
Upper-right hand corner it shows the date and time, but it used to show the detailed security mode. Meaning all I see now in the status list is "Armed" but it used to show, for example "Armed Away". Any chance of getting that back? I was using what was known as version 2.2.

Also, it seems it supports the status of door sensor objects, but not windows, glassbreaks, etc. This is my first time configuring those so I don't know if it normally does or not.

Upper-right hand corner it shows the date and time but it used to show the detailed security mode.
Minibrowser's ToolBar can be customized to display whatever information you prefer to see. As per MiniBrowser V2.1's documentation:
gMBRenderToolBar() includes two example of how to customize the first line of MiniBrowser's toolbar.
I prefer to see the current interior/exterior temperature and etc6849 prefers SecuritySystem's current status (as do you).

Navigate to Modules > MiniBrowser > GlobalScripts > MinibrowserFunctions and find the gMBRenderToolbar function. Within the function you'll find two examples demonstrating how to display information in the toolbar.

The second example displays SecuritySystem's status. Remove the leading single-quote from all lines pertaining to the example (a.k.a. "uncomment the lines"). For example #2, uncomment all lines between and including the following:
sSecurityStatus = ""
sInfo = sSecurityStatus & " " & gClockTime(time, false)
Press F12 to commit the changes to Premise Server (refresh the MiniBrowser web-page to observe the results).

Also, it seems it supports the status of door sensor objects, but not windows, glassbreaks, etc.
Correct. There are several objects I have not bothered to include in V2.1. You can either modify the code to suit your needs (i.e. create a custom version of MiniBrowser) or simply use a SecurityZone object.

Whereas "DoorSensor", "WindowSensor", "GlassBreak", etc are all purpose-built objects meant to represent a specific type of Security object, SecurityZone is generic and can represent any kind of Security object. Purpose-built objects are very handy when you need to create a script that acts on groups of objects, for example "all DoorSensors on the first floor" or "all WindowSensors in the basement". If you don't foresee any need for this degree of flexibility, or you're simply willing to live without it, the generic SecurityZone can represent door, window, glassbreak and other security sensors.

Here's how:
  1. Add a New > Security > SecurityZone to a bedroom in your Premise Home.
  2. Click the Name property and enter: BedroomWindow
  3. Click the Display Name property and enter: Bedroom Window
  4. Click its Image property and navigate to "\Program Files\Premise\SYS\web\images\ClassImages\Window.gif"

When viewed in MiniBrowser it will be titled "Bedroom Window" and displayed with a window icon. Easy-peasy.

Once again... thanks alot, 123!
I did try to edit the toolbar, but only un-rem'd sInfo - which obviously didn't work.
That's what I figured with reference to security objects and even started to create the generic ones, but didn't want to get too far ahead incase it was just something I did wrong.

OK, I am new to Premise, but I like it so far. I have installed Minibrowser and modified the Linksys IP Camera Driver to work with my camera and it works :D , but how do I get it to show up in minibrowser?

Back