eGauge Energy Monitoring

opie

We are installing a Solar PV system next month and my Solar guy sent me a link to this product because he thought I would find it interesting.

I have not heard of them before and didn't find any discussion here on them. I'm just curious on thoughts from the minds here; if there are any holes or issues someone here is likely to find them. We will be getting free web based monitoring of the solar system from the solar company (SMA Sunny Boy 6000 via IP) but I like the way eGauge graphs production against usage. Seems like a good way to easily see where to modify habits to save energy. Might be able create something similar with Brultech and CQC but I don't have any experience with either yet (just bought CQC).

That web interface is really nice. I wonder what the local LAN web interface looks like. At least they don't charge for the hosted solution.

That thing is kind of spendy though. $575 for the unit, plus $45-57 for *each* CT?? Those CT's are like a $10 or less part.

That web interface is really nice. I wonder what the local LAN web interface looks like. At least they don't charge for the hosted solution.

That thing is kind of spendy though. $575 for the unit, plus $45-57 for *each* CT?? Those CT's are like a $10 or less part.

Where can you purchase split CTs for $10 or less? These appear to be split CTs.

I am assuming that you can use any CT that meets the input v range of the monitoring hardware.

I thought the $575 was a little high too. I'm sure one could find less expensive CT's.

Split CT's are a bit spendy. But why don't they offer a regular CT option? I'll gladly save $50 on a CT even though I would have to do some extra work to get it installed.

Split CT's are a bit spendy. But why don't they offer a regular CT option? I'll gladly save $50 on a CT even though I would have to do some extra work to get it installed.
[/quote

signal15's right. It's a new install. The split CT's are dumb. I do like what I see, though. Since you're local, Scott, I want to ask, who is your 'Solar Guy'?

Back