Ek Pro

BB22

When I try to log in using my Ek Pro app I get a messages indicating: The test connection to my elk m1 has failed because it could not be contacted. Please verify that a working network connection is available and the network address settings is correct.

I am able to connect to my elk m1 using my lap top but not sure why the app from my phone is not working anymore. Anybody have an idea what I can try?

Did you verify your settings?
"is not working anymore".... If it was working, what has been changed?

The last time that happened to me it was because my ISP had changed the address of my gateway. Does your laptop log in via the LAN or WAN?

My network address matches my dns. Nothing changed to my knowledge. It was working and then suddenly it stopped

What did you mean by, "I am able to connect to my elk m1 using my lap top"

Are you referring to connection via ElkRP, or connection to the Java interface, or connection via M1ToGo??

Is it possible that you have your laptop configured to log in using the local 192.168.1.x address and the iphone configured to use the WAN address assigned to your gateway by your isp? that would be a clue as to why the laptop connects and the phone doesn't.

mikefamig said:
Is it possible that you have your laptop configured to log in using the local 192.168.1.x address and the iphone configured to use the WAN address assigned to your gateway by your isp? that would be a clue as to why the laptop connects and the phone doesn't.
That would be a suspect. Other would be whether or not the phone connects via wifi or cell.

I'd try pinging the DNS instead of the non-public IP, assuming that works properly, then it's down to the phone or network connectivity.

I've found that many people have only use the ping command with IP addresses and just didn't realize that it works with names. Illustrated as Del mentioned:

Attachments

• PingHostname.jpg
    PingHostname.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
Back