eKeypad Arming modes not working since v 5.2.0 flash

CORT

Since upgrading my M1 to ver 5.2.0, I can no longer arm my M1 to modes other than Away with eKeypad. Hitting Night or Stay in eKeypad only puts the system in Away mode. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Cort,

This is an unfortunate bug that made it into the v5.2.0 firmware. It affects any system using the public APIs (eKeypad, PowerHome, Elk Touchscreens, RMS, etc).

Elk is already testing a fix for this and a firmware update should be coming soon.

I've encountered the same problem with Elk Touchscreen.

I spoke to Elk Tech Support and they are aware of the problem.

I've always wish once Elk is aware of this type of significant problem they should have removed the firmware update from their website.

I've encountered the same problem with Elk Touchscreen.

I spoke to Elk Tech Support and they are aware of the problem.

I've always wish once Elk is aware of this type of significant problem they should have removed the firmware update from their website.
You are right. They still have version 5.2.0 avail to download. They need to at least issue a caution about the bug.

There is a workaround until the new firmware is released. Just reserve an unused output in RP (number less than 64). Name it something like "Arm Night Instant". Check the box in RP's output's page to show the newly reserved output. Next, write a new rule in RP: "Whenever Output (number just reserved) is turned on then Arm area # to night instant or whatever arming mode you desire. Now in eKeypad go to Config, My Elk M1 and choose Re-sync Device Changes. Close and reopen eKeypad. Choose more, outputs and you should see your newly created output in the list. Choose that output and add a momentary button to favorites. Go back to favorites and voila! Tap the newly added button, and the M1 should arm to your specified mode.

Back