eKeypad controlling Elk controlling Nuvo?

Zanthic

I have been gone from home automation for a number of years so it is time to update my system and add some fresh functionality, namely, control from my iPad devices.  The two primary devices I want to control is my Elk panel and my Nuvo Grand Concerto.  Here are some questions

1) Is there anything planned for eKeypad for direct control of the RS232 port of a Nuvo system, maybe through an Ethernet to RS232 adapter?

2) If not, if I set up string texts inside my Elk to have the Elk send commands to the Nuvo (either through a RS232 bridge because of mismatched baud rates or out the Elk Ethernet port and to an Ethernet to RS232 adapter on the Nuvo), can eKeypad be used to activate the Elk text to be sent?  I am only looking for one way control at this point.

3) Is there some other stand alone iPad app that could be run to control the Nuvo separately and the eKeypad is used for just the Elk? I am aware of the $2000+ Nuvo music port device but am not interested in spending that much.

thanks in advance,
Steve

Zanthic said:
I have been gone from home automation for a number of years so it is time to update my system and add some fresh functionality, namely, control from my iPad devices.  The two primary devices I want to control is my Elk panel and my Nuvo Grand Concerto.  Here are some questions

1) Is there anything planned for eKeypad for direct control of the RS232 port of a Nuvo system, maybe through an Ethernet to RS232 adapter?

2) If not, if I set up string texts inside my Elk to have the Elk send commands to the Nuvo (either through a RS232 bridge because of mismatched baud rates or out the Elk Ethernet port and to an Ethernet to RS232 adapter on the Nuvo), can eKeypad be used to activate the Elk text to be sent?  I am only looking for one way control at this point.

3) Is there some other stand alone iPad app that could be run to control the Nuvo separately and the eKeypad is used for just the Elk? I am aware of the $2000+ Nuvo music port device but am not interested in spending that much.

thanks in advance,
Steve

1 - I contacted eKeypad support a few weeks ago regarding Nuvo support.  The response was they are working to get demo equipment and it's high priority for them.

2 - I have used Elk Tasks and Outputs to send commands (On, Off, Volume Up, Volume Down) to my Russound system.  I assume it would work the same for Nuvo.

3 - I am not aware of any app for controlling the GC besides the Nuvo Music Port app.  Perhaps IRule?

Back