eKeypad Pro - Version 1.8.2

jaysonc

A new version of eK Pro is available on iTunes.

Version 1.8.2 provides many improvements including:

- Enhanced IP camera support
- Full support for all Dedicated Micro DVRs
- SUpport for ACTi megapixel cameras
- IP Camera replay capabilities
- Full searching capability.
- GUI enhancements and usability improvements
- Miscellaneous internal bug fixes.

You can read more about eK Pro and the entire eKeypad family of applications here.

Hi Jayson,

How is the Russound interface going for the Plus which I think is now call the M1 version?

REgards,

Fleetz

Fleetz,

Whole house audio support is coming along well. I have created the interface screen and added preliminary support for the expected API changes.

As soon as Elk has completed their internal testing and releases the production firmware update I expect a short and uneventful validation period before I submit the update to Apple.

In the mean time, progress continues on ek Video (in Apple review now), ISY-99 support (in final beta), Brultech energy monitor support (installing it this weekend), Everfocus DVRs, and maybe a few other surprises. :)

Nice work Jason! Any screenshots of the Dedicated Micro support?

Also, what door strike are you using in the demo video?

BryanE,

I am using a Von Duprin 5EST1001 strike on the back door. In the youtube video (link in my signature below) you can actually see a small keypad just to the right side of the door. That keypad is an Elk-M1KPAS (single gang arming station) setup for dedicated access control.

I am excited about the new IP Camera support. Here is a screen shot of the current camera screen in eK Video which in review at Apple right now. eK Pro uses the same screen.

Screen%20shot%202009-09-18%20at%207.42.23%20PM.png

In the image you can see a toggle that resumes/pauses the video stream, a channel selector for multi-channel DVRs and a slider control. This slider control is the eKeypad replay feature. When you connect to a camera, you are receiving a live stream of data. This capability caches as much of this stream as your device has free memory. At any point you can stop the real-time stream and replay or walk frame-by-frame through the cached video. You can even watch the video zoomed out at full frame, move back to a point in the past, zoom into a section of the screen and then replay the video at the new zoom settings.

The amount of cache you get depends on a lot of factors, but mainly your frame rate and image size. If you blast full sized ACTi megapixel images you only get about 4 seconds of cache. Using a slightly less insane configuration more appropriate for a mobile device you should get about 30-60 seconds.

If my newborn son allows it, I am planning on creating a video of this tomorrow and upload it to my youtube channel.

Since I upgraded I can no longer scroll through my lighting devices or zones in eKeypad Pro. Hopefully it is an easy bug to find/fix.

Digger,

This is a bug that made it past testing of version 1.8.2 of eK Pro. I submitted a fix to Apple and requested an expedited review cycle in the frist part of last week. I expect it to be released any day now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Digger,

This is a bug that made it past testing of version 1.8.2 of eK Pro. I submitted a fix to Apple and requested an expedited review cycle in the frist part of last week. I expect it to be released any day now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Its not a big deal. The fact that it is already fixed and just waiting for review shows how on top of everything you are. Bugs happen (trust me I see bugs every day at work). Its how they are addressed that is what sets one apart from the rest.

The product is great and worth every penny. No complaints here.

Yea. It still pains me though. I have done several things to help prevent a repeat in the future.

1. I submitted a request to Apple for a rollback function in iTunes. Ironically, iTunes stores all previous versions, but the process for disregarding the old version is very manual, undocumented and subject to change at any time. Bummer, but relatively simple changes from Apple would help greatly. We will see.

2. I have altered my test cases to better cover certain types of GUI customizations. This bug was technically a failure of a GUI customization feature. These types of features are greatly desired but really hard to test thoroughly. Continued improvement is about as good as it gets without an army of beta testers.

3. I am going to expand my beta testing group. Gonna post a dedicated message here at CT soon to look for candidates have the time and would be willing to help with some of the new and upcoming devices.

Thanks for the understanding.

Yea. It still pains me though. I have done several things to help prevent a repeat in the future.

1. I submitted a request to Apple for a rollback function in iTunes. Ironically, iTunes stores all previous versions, but the process for disregarding the old version is very manual, undocumented and subject to change at any time. Bummer, but relatively simple changes from Apple would help greatly. We will see.

2. I have altered my test cases to better cover certain types of GUI customizations. This bug was technically a failure of a GUI customization feature. These types of features are greatly desired but really hard to test thoroughly. Continued improvement is about as good as it gets without an army of beta testers.

3. I am going to expand my beta testing group. Gonna post a dedicated message here at CT soon to look for candidates have the time and would be willing to help with some of the new and upcoming devices.

Thanks for the understanding.
I just purchased an ITouch and interested in doing beta testing for this product. Please let me know what needs to be done

Back