ELK and IE7

Works O.K. for me too.

Windows XP SP2 running under Parallels on my MacBook and IE 7

The buttons on the keypad do get a black box around them on a mouseover but the functionality is fine.

I have never had any luck with the ELK XEP with any browser under Mac OSX; it acts just like Smarty describes.

I have seen some similar freakish behavior too:

I have my passwords still at default (i.e. 3456 user and 172839 admin).
When I log into the XEP with the user password, everything works fine. When I use the admin one, it either freezes at applet loading or after displaying most of the normal screen, it depends (a F5 will get it further occasionally, but never further than frozen on the main screen). It has never gone further. This is under XP with firefox2 or ie6 both. Latest Elk everything.

Laurent

FYI
The Elk M1 Java app loads and runs fine on my PC.

M1 Firmware: 4.4.12
XEP Firmware: 1.2.8
Browser: IE7
Java Runtime: 5.0 Update 2

Thanks for the input folks.

As a test, I have rolled the XEP firmware back to 1.2.8 (1.2.12 is current, but still no luck). The firmware of the main board is the "Elk Wireless" version rather that the "Caddex Wireless" version. Since I am not using any wireless, I will switch to the other firmware version and give that a try.

My Java is newer than what is listed above, but I have other machines with this older version of Java on them (and IE7.0 w/ XP Sp2+) and still no luck.

Trying to eliminate variables one by one......

Works for me in all the configurations below:

M1G Firmware 5.1.4 (Elk wireless)
XEP 1.2.12

Machine 1 java 1.6.0._05-b13
XP SP2
Mozilla 2.0.0.12
IE 7.0.5730.11

Machine 2 java 1.6.0._05-b13
Vista Home Premium
IE 7.0.6000.16609
Mozilla 2.0.0.12

FOUND MY ANSWER!!!!!

From Brad over at Elk:

In the M1XEP Setup under "Passwords" please make sure there are no blank spaces in front of the Username and Password. In the account setup under Users, Areas, and Keypads make sure there are no blank spaces in front of each one of these items. In your router setup you've Port Forwarded Ports 80, 26, 2601 and (optional) 21? Are you able to log into the M1 Live Demo at http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/M1_Live_Demo.htm ?

In my case, I had blank spaces in front of the area name (so my area name would be centered on the keypad display). Bad idea. That is what caused the RP to hang up.

After I removed the blank spaces, RP loads properly and all is well.

Back