Elk announces new version of ElkRM (now supporting Russound)

Can anyone tell me in a paragraph what is the "Russound Audio System" and what does it do for me. What kind of cool things does it do and what does connecting it to an Elk offer users. Will it play Highway to Hell when someone breaks into my house?:)
Tom

is there something similar to the CAV6.6 that is about 50% less then Russound?

Do any of you Russound experts know if there's a way I could directly control the Russound with Elk and something else (Main Lobby Server) at the same time? One one serial on the Russound, I'm guessing... but I gotta ask; I want the fanciness I can get with the ML setup and the reliability of the Elk / Russound.

Do any of you Russound experts know if there's a way I could directly control the Russound with Elk and something else (Main Lobby Server) at the same time? One one serial on the Russound, I'm guessing... but I gotta ask; I want the fanciness I can get with the ML setup and the reliability of the Elk / Russound.

The CAV 6.6 has two serial ports but they are not both active at the same time.

Page 140 of the 2007 Worthington Catalog suggests a work around for this by adding a Russound tuner and connecting the third party controller to the tuner's serial port while the main controller (HAI in the Worthington example) is connected to the CAV's serial port.

I have never tried this so I can't confirm it would work but I agree It would be a slick set-up to have ELK and ML both access/control the CAV.

Back