Elk DVD course & end-users

yeah, i know about that part, but my theory was that:
1) how many folks would view the entire set in 1 month? If I hosted each file, the odds are higher that each person would view a subset. That could greatly increase the potential #.
2) The next level of service is considerably more $$ [via my hosting provider], i'd let the actuals come in first before going to that level. If there's regular overages, i could upgrade. If not, I'd be fine. No need to overarchitect the solution.

I have been hosting here for about a year and have been very happy. They keep uping the space and throughput and not the price, check them out. :) My site gets very little traffic so I have lots of bandwidth to spare.

I have my own server and get 324GB a month and I am only using 20% of that so I think I should be safe.

Great, just thought I would put it out there.

What about the iPod part of my idea?

Anyone have any interest? If not, I'll just wait for the videos to be on toymaster458 or IVB's site. Looking forward to seeing them.

I'll put it up shortly - my hosting provider got hacked yesterday am, and they just re-enabled FTP.

BTW, it turns out I got two of the Elk M1 CD, and no Elk RP CD [toymaster has the same problem]. I believe Spanky is cutting a new one.

FYI - I didn't put up on site yet - Toymaster looks like he's close to getting his site up, and he's got a heckuva lot more bandwidth than I do, so I'll wait to see if he's successful. Plus, I think I may change hosting providers given the rates & links folks have shown me here. I think i'm overpaying massively.

I have all the Movies re-encoded for serving with Microsoft Media Server and the page designed. I am just working out some last minute bugs.

FYI the first set of movies are for training on the M1 Gold and programming via the keypad.

Back