ELK Emails

raymondh

I have email working from the ELK/XEP but was wondering if there was a way to send the user name that armed/disarmed the system...

I have email working from the ELK/XEP but was wondering if there was a way to send the user name that armed/disarmed the system...

In short, I don't think so.

Well, you might be able to setup a separate "email" for each person and then use rules, like

Whenever Area 1 Arm state becomes armed
and last user was user 1
then send email1

and do a rule per person. But, that is, presuming the last user bit even works, a kludge.

There's no variable substitution available on the email messages, thought that's a feature that's been suggested almost since the XEP came out. Unless Elk has some great new things awaiting us in the next release of the XEP firmware, this type of thing is currently best done via an attached PC running more powerful software.

In short, I don't think so.

Well, you might be able to setup a separate "email" for each person and then use rules, like

Whenever Area 1 Arm state becomes armed
and last user was user 1
then send email1

and do a rule per person. But, that is, presuming the last user bit even works, a kludge.

There's no variable substitution available on the email messages, thought that's a feature that's been suggested almost since the XEP came out. Unless Elk has some great new things awaiting us in the next release of the XEP firmware, this type of thing is currently best done via an attached PC running more powerful software.

You can try using a Central Station like Nextalarm that will permit you to do this. I have just started playing with NextAlarm and so far I think its great. I want to see what the insurance discount works out to be. Hopefully about 10% of my insurance bill.

Back