ELK Expander Input/Output startup problem

After thinking about this some more, it seems ELK had to go one way or the other on this and some people may want this behavior to remain the way it is today.

My preference would be an option, per zone, that allows it's state to be set on startup until it's true state can be determined. (Secure, Not Secure, Bypassed, Un-Bypassed). If the current behavior is required, then perhaps this option could be made available to just non-alarm zones.

After thinking about this some more, it seems ELK had to go one way or the other on this and some people may want this behavior to remain the way it is today.

My preference would be an option, per zone, that allows it's state to be set on startup until it's true state can be determined. (Secure, Not Secure, Bypassed, Un-Bypassed). If the current behavior is required, then perhaps this option could be made available to just non-alarm zones.

Wuench

I'd kinda struggle that ELK or anyone for that matter would prefer this kind of behaviour on startup. No where in the ELK doco does it state that any input rule using an input expander will trip on powerup.

I was hoping the ELK rep would share his thoughts with us, I might post a help request directly to ELK as I'd like to understand their thinking.

Pete

Upon powerup, all zones are temporarily bypassed and then unbypassed when the M1 finds them secure. It takes 6 seconds upon powerup before the M1 checks for zones to be secure.

If a Rule fires when a zone is not secure, the bypassing on powerup is what is firing the Rule.

Start an output timer on powerup with a Rule. Add an AND statement to your Rule so that the Rule will not fire until the output timer has expired. Use about 10 seconds on the output timer.

Upon powerup, all zones are temporarily bypassed and then unbypassed when the M1 finds them secure. It takes 6 seconds upon powerup before the M1 checks for zones to be secure.

If a Rule fires when a zone is not secure, the bypassing on powerup is what is firing the Rule.

Start an output timer on powerup with a Rule. Add an AND statement to your Rule so that the Rule will not fire until the output timer has expired. Use about 10 seconds on the output timer.

SPanky

Thanks for the feedback.. IN discussing this with NESS in Australia, that was the same conclusion. I will add the AND to all of the toggle rules and see how it goes.

Thanks..Pete

Back