Elk feature requests (and related complaints!)

LaurentR

I haven't seen a feature thread recently, so here's one.

- Keypad beep: I hate the beeps it makes when a key is pressed, but I need the chime beep. Can I have different volumes for these?

- Keypad backlight: The KP2 are gorgeous in blue, but in a bedroom, they can be way to bright at night. Even at brightness 1, they're borderline. The issue is that if the backlight is turned low, the LCD screen is unreadable during the day. Can we have a way to set the brightness based on time-of-day or a rule? (my wife is killing me over that one...)

- Keypad backlight: On the KP2, the backlight of the LCD is tied to the key backlight. I don't know if they _have_ to be linked, but the colored "ready" "armed" button are really useful 24hrs a day while the screen itself is less, and it can be too bright (see above). Can I have independent brightness for these?

- Out2 delay: Allow different programming of the Out2 delay for fire and burglar, or for armed and disarmed (mostly to be a "good neighbor" of false fire alarms).

- Chime: Can I have zones that beep-chime but don't voice-chime? I could remove their voice name, but that would preclude any announcement about these zone. Right now, I work around this by having beep chime enabled and announcing the ones where I want voice using rules. Note straightforward.

- Chime: Allow beep-chime through out1.

- Zwave: Allow initial polloing and periodic polling (as options).

- Zwave: Fix the "TURN ON FOR xxx" rule which doesn't turn off.

- M1XSP (crazy): write a windows driver to tunnel RS-232 of devices connected to the M1XSP so that they can be temporarily switched to a PC. This way, I could use Johnnynine's LumenLink without having to go to the M1 and playing with cables.

- RP: Add lighting to the "status" screen.

I haven't seen a feature thread recently, so here's one.

- Keypad beep: I hate the beeps it makes when a key is pressed, but I need the chime beep. Can I have different volumes for these?

- Keypad backlight: The KP2 are gorgeous in blue, but in a bedroom, they can be way to bright at night. Even at brightness 1, they're borderline. The issue is that if the backlight is turned low, the LCD screen is unreadable during the day. Can we have a way to set the brightness based on time-of-day or a rule? (my wife is killing me over that one...)

- Keypad backlight: On the KP2, the backlight of the LCD is tied to the key backlight. I don't know if they _have_ to be linked, but the colored "ready" "armed" button are really useful 24hrs a day while the screen itself is less, and it can be too bright (see above). Can I have independent brightness for these?

- Out2 delay: Allow different programming of the Out2 delay for fire and burglar, or for armed and disarmed (mostly to be a "good neighbor" of false fire alarms).

- Chime: Can I have zones that beep-chime but don't voice-chime? I could remove their voice name, but that would preclude any announcement about these zone. Right now, I work around this by having beep chime enabled and announcing the ones where I want voice using rules. Note straightforward.

- Chime: Allow beep-chime through out1.

- Zwave: Allow initial polloing and periodic polling (as options).

- Zwave: Fix the "TURN ON FOR xxx" rule which doesn't turn off.

- M1XSP (crazy): write a windows driver to tunnel RS-232 of devices connected to the M1XSP so that they can be temporarily switched to a PC. This way, I could use Johnnynine's LumenLink without having to go to the M1 and playing with cables.

- RP: Add lighting to the "status" screen.

So, I'm able to "pass through" by using ELK strings and a bunch of rules to execute the string and interact with the vizia serial controller.... you just can't see the return messages. I do this whenever I add a device and need to add it to an existing group because fussing with cables is annoying! Perhaps this feature is really just an "interactive mode" capability for ElkRP?

Back