elk instant

jduncc

I tried finding the answer in the documentation, but it seems like they left it out.. What is the difference between stay and stay instant? How about night and night instant?

Thanks!

Yes. I did a search for those terms in the manual an even google, assuming that those could be standard terms in the security industry and could find something about it - but no luck.

I have not tried it, but it makes sense to me that it allows you to arm the system under STAY or NIGHT mode without having to wait or hear the Exit Delay. The exit delay beeps would be pretty annoying during the night. Need to try. And its a good catch to include in the next release of the M1 manual.

Stay - Interior defined zones are not operational, and the entrance exit door still has the entrance exit timers active. Mostly used for motion detectors on the interior zones.

Stay Instant - Same as Stay except the entrance delay has no delay time. The alarm will active as soon as the entrance door is violated.

Night - Interior night defined zones that would be defined in an area that would not be active in the Stay mode such as a basement When the Night mode is active, the Interior Night zones become active while the Interior zones are not active. Entrance and Exit timers are active.

Night Instant - Same as Night except the entrance timer is not active and the alarm will activate when the entrance door is violated.

Force Arm option on a zone - allows the system to be armed even though this zone is violated. As soon as the zone becomes secure, the zone is put back into the burglar system and will cause an alarm if violated. Great for Garage doors that can be left open when arming the system. Close the garage door when leaving and it will be put back into the alarm system. Also use it for motion detectors pointing at the Keypad that is arming the system and will be violated when you enter the code.

Hope this helps.

It could be clearer but these are sort of described on Page 30 of the Installer Manual.

Spanky said:
Force Arm option on a zone - allows the system to be armed even though this zone is violated. As soon as the zone becomes secure, the zone is put back into the burglar system and will cause an alarm if violated. Great for Garage doors that can be left open when arming the system. Close the garage door when leaving and it will be put back into the alarm system. Also use it for motion detectors pointing at the Keypad that is arming the system and will be violated when you enter the code.
My system does NOT work this way. That is, I can not arm by pressing the EXIT button on the keypad when any of the zones that are set to FORCE ARM are violated (doors and PIRs). It arms with the key fobs, but not by pressing the EXIT button.

This this the way it is supposed to work?

Back