Elk Keypad question

A friend of mine had the exact same issue with an eBay KP1. He contacted Elk and they provided him one, however I don't know that they "had" to or were just being nice.?

Are these eBay parts "grey" market?

Anyway....

Dunno if there is a "gray market" in this stuff as there is for other things....but this one came pretty much as the original did from my M1G system--just no cable. LCD protector, trim strip protector, same kind of bubble wrap bag, etc. I'm thinking someone parted a system out or as some sort of "house cleaning" or something... It's not uncommon for businesses to fail and sell off their inventories to make a few $$$.

So, I think it' just a matter of procuring the right cable and going on down the installation road. The cool part is that down the road I can put another keypad or 2 or 3 in a couple more places--and not pay the big $$$$$ fee Brinks wanted.

I'll give Elk support a buzz on Monday and see what they can do to help. I'm more than happy to pay for the part and shipping, so I'm sure we'll get it worked out.

Went the email route to Elk Tech Support and Brad got back to me--Situation solved! ELK in their superb Customer Service manner, is sending me a M1KP harness! :(

Sure the M1 is a little pricey perhaps when stacked up against other systems--but I'll pay the difference for this kind of customer service! Excellent! :)

Wiring pulls this weekend, and surgery (electrical) coming up right after!

Back