Elk M1 alarm cut off timer rule not working

cards1198

I am setting up a detached structure with a remote power supply, input expanders, output expanders, strobes, UPB lights, and multiple sirens. I am having difficulty writing a rule that will turn off multiple outputs/lights once the BURGLAR CUTOFF TIMER expires. Rule #1 and #2 work fine. Rule #3 does not turn off any of the outputs/lights once the alarm cuts off. A gentleman in your tech. dept. suggested I set each output for specific time duration. I realize that would work but I would need to make sure all the outputs/lights are timed correctly. It is much more compact and efficient if I can get rule #3 to work properly and have the cutoff timer handle turning everything off. The system is running firmware 5.2.4

Here are the three rules in question:

Rule #1: THIS RULE WORKS PERFECTLY.

WHENEVER THE BURGLAR ALARM IN Detached Garage (Area 1) TURNS ON

THEN TURN Remote Siren (Out 3) ON

THEN (multiple other outputs and lights are turned ON.

Rule #2: THIS RULE WORKS PERFECTLY.

WHENEVER Detached Garage (Area 1) STATE BECOMES DISARMED

THEN TURN Remote Siren (Out 3) OFF

THEN (multiple other outputs and lights are turned OFF.

Rule #3: THIS RULE NEVER TURNS OFF ANY OF THE OUTPUTS/LIGHTS.

WHENEVER THE BURGLAR ALARM IN Detached Garage (Area 1) CUTS OFF

THEN TURN Remote Siren (Out 3) OFF

THEN (multiple other outputs and lights are turned OFF.

Your help is appreciated!

I have your solution as I had the same exact issue with my strobe and received an answer from an Elk tech.

Assume output 003 is your remote siren:

Whenever output 002 state is turned off
Then turn output 003 off

This will have output 003 follow the alarm cutoff timer of output 002 (exterior siren).

That is a great solution. The only problem is that the M1 is mounted within the home (AREA 2) and output 2 is connected to the house siren. The idea is to have a seperate siren for areas 1 and 2. Is there something I am missing on the functionality of the "alarm cutoff" rule?

Thanks for your response.

while not the *right* solution, you could mimic the rules a bit - add a task that does everything you want, then have a rule for "after 5 minutes of alarm, execute task" coupled with a "when system is disarmed execute task" for when you shut it off.

while not the *right* solution, you could mimic the rules a bit - add a task that does everything you want, then have a rule for "after 5 minutes of alarm, execute task" coupled with a "when system is disarmed execute task" for when you shut it off.

Thanks. That does make the programming more compact. Has it been your experience that the alarm cut off condition does not work properly?

To be honest I haven't tested it thoroughly... but it's probably good to get that info since the one place I use the rule is to turn off my screamers... but as I'm sure you can imagine I try not to be around those too often when they go off. For strobes I don't turn them off 'till the system is disarmed - I want the visual notification.

To be honest I haven't tested it thoroughly... but it's probably good to get that info since the one place I use the rule is to turn off my screamers... but as I'm sure you can imagine I try not to be around those too often when they go off. For strobes I don't turn them off 'till the system is disarmed - I want the visual notification.

Received a response from Elk tech. today stating "we are investigating the issue". I would check your system. My guess is your screamers would run continuously until the system is disarmed. Hopefully you don't have pets!

Back