Elk M1 and Sprinkler system

Can you pass a variable from the outside to the Elk's logic? ie chance of precipitation today/tomorrow, monthly sum flow+precipitation of even dynamically adjust it.

[post="0"]http://www.tmanufacturing.com/surgeprotection.html[/post]
Udate..I can now verify the the code works...
I inserted a (temporary) miscellanous voice announcement in my code and the relay expansion module has LED's on each relay which come on when activated.
On Odd days it activates and on Even days it wont!
The only thing I may have to eventually do is increase the (10 Second) trigger timer in order to insure that I get a delay between each valve.
I noticed that some appear to have slightly less delay time between them due to different run times .
I don't think this is a major issue and ithe initial 10 seconds can probably be increased up to five minutes or more since I have at least 6 hours to get the watering done between 12:01 AM and 6:?? AM.
I think I will probably also move the lines that turn Outputs 201 through 205 off from the first to the last WHEN statement just to insure that I don't have a valve on for 24 hours. As it is now this is not done until the cycle starts. :unsure:

See my initial post #8 for final (Complete Code) to do this.

Thanks for everyones's help...

And thank you.

If you have lightening around the place then the M1 is vunerable being directly connected to the relays that are connected to the valves. You might also consider throwing some surge protection in (http://www.tmanufacturing.com/surgeprotection.html) one of these into your installation might be an idea. You need a good earth connection for this unit to be effective, can't be a long distance from the earth input on the board, in an ideal world a couple of metres or less.

Just a suggestion

Cheers,

Fleetz

Can you pass a variable from the outside to the Elk's logic? ie chance of precipitation today/tomorrow, monthly sum flow+precipitation of even dynamically adjust it.

This is getting into the realm of high-end(high dollar) sprinkler controllers.
More than likely, yes but I am afraid it would use a significant portion of the M1's memory capacity and I would like to keep as much free as possible for my other neat projects.
If you were to do all of the dynamic evaluation with another CPU outside of the M1, it could be interfaced in parallel with the Zone 32 Rain Sensor input for control of the cycle.

Back