Elk M1 Communications: IP, GSM Uplink 4500, and Phone over Comcast

snesgenesis said:
Sorry I read your OP better. My phone service doesn't inbound with the M1 with the intial "***". When I hear the busy signal I press the asterisks 3 more times and I can access the M1 that way. 

Oops, I answered your first reply, then saw your second. I'll trying hitting the "***" sequence twice during this weekend's setup / config work. Thanks.

snesgenesis said:
Sorry I read your OP better. My phone service doesn't inbound with the M1 with the intial "***". When I hear the busy signal I press the asterisks 3 more times and I can access the M1 that way. 

I just tried two sequences of "***" from a phone on the home circuit and the M1 answered correctly. How in the world did you stumble upon having to enter "***" twice rather than once?

I set the number of rings to answer to 1 and the M1 answered an outside call from my mobile line, too. So all is well. Thanks for the tip on dialing the "***" twice.

DEL...snesgenesis suggested dialing a second "***" sequence after getting the fast busy signal and that worked -- the M1 answered.
I just set the M1 to answer after 1 ring, dialed in using my mobile, and the M1 answered that, too. So all seems to be working correctly.
I've got my setup appointment with Alarm Relay this coming week, so should be in business after that.
Just some wiring tidying up to do this weekend and finish wiring up a fourth motion detector.
I really appreciate all of your help during my install.
Steve

SteveInNorCal said:
I just tried two sequences of "***" from a phone on the home circuit and the M1 answered correctly. How in the world did you stumble upon having to enter "***" twice rather than once?

I set the number of rings to answer to 1 and the M1 answered an outside call from my mobile line, too. So all is well. Thanks for the tip on dialing the "***" twice.
I installed my M1 about 4 years ago in my home and out of curiosity wanted to try the dial in feature. I couldn't get it to work til one day I just started pressing the "*" over and over and it let me in.

Back