Elk M1 Failure to Communicate Indication Problem

BraveSirRobbin

I know this can be cleared locally via the keypad but I don't have that option anymore (long story):

I have an Elk M1 Gold with all the latest updates and used to have that system monitored via IP/XEP with a monitoring service.

I stopped the monitoring service and wanted to clear the settings (again remotely) from the M1.  I did the following:

• Deleted the monitoring setup in the XEP tab, sent that configuration to the Elk M1 and restarted the XEP
  • Deleted the telephones (even did a 'receive all telephones' to ensure none existed in the Elk)
  • Made sure no telephones existed in the G01 Globals setting.

I'm getting a "Failure to Communicate" message flashing on the system.  In the past, this happened when the system failed to test to the monitoring station overnight (had this setup to test every night with the monitoring service station).

It's like the system still thinks there is a monitoring service available.

How can I clear this message remotely?  I don't have any access to the system locally.  I did all of the above yesterday, hoping the error would have cleared by morning.

I can't answer any questions about the error message, but for clearing it remotely....
If the system is at a friends/relatives house, how about a temporary remote desktop connection and running RP on the local system.

Just thinking out loud, but maybe an enroll/update of the panel/bus might clear and/or cause a panel reboot, which would be desirable in this case.

Thanks for the replys, all good ideas.  The new occupants might be able to just toggle the reset switch in the panel with a bit of direction.  The re-enrollment is a good idea.  I can get into the system via RP on my machine as I did the appropriate port forwarding, but I can't see how to reboot the system or clear the error other than Del's suggestion.

Thanks again for the help!

Back