Elk M1 Gold Integration with Mitsubishi Mr Slim Ducted AC

Miketemp

I have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim type AC system being put in with hidden ducted units (not splits on the wall in case it matters) and a cassete unit in one zone as well. I'll have six zones. These units use honeywell redlink thermostats made specifically for Mitsubishi from what I understand. The thermostats I am referencing are model MHK1.

Has anyone come across these and found a way to integrate into an automation controller (or even use different thermostats)? I have an Elk M1 Gold. The system is being installed and I do not have thermostats yet. I believe because of the way these units work though, they require the special thermostats and the best control I could come up with so far is through honeywell/mitsubishi apps (that is not tied into an automation controller though).

I had used HAI thermostats with an elk in the past and liked that solution. Is anyone aware of a way to tie these in?

Thanks!

I just got a ducted unit installed too. It is controlled by the MHK1 as well. I also have second zone with a wall hung, but that is controlled by a different wireless remote(IR I think). Anyways I am getting my ELK installed soon. So am interested in whst you find out.

I think you are limited to the Honeywell RedLINK with those models. You would need a mini split that takes the standard 24vac thermostat controls to have an Elk Compatible thermostat.

gatchel,

Do you happen to know from experience that the standard Honeywell RedLINK thermostats will work as well in this kind of install? I know Honeywell makes the Mitsubishi branded ones, but I saw indication that it may be a proprietary implementation. That was the second item I was trying to identify as putting the Elk aside, I have oil heat as primary, which it does not appear that the MHK1's can handle properly. Some of the higher end Honeywell Redlink thermostats appeared to support emergency heat which would essentially cover it without having separate thermostats. There may also be a relay that might help solve this as well.

I'm not far enough along to have any of this tested yet.

For the time being I'm assuming that ipad apps may be the control I will have (as I have seen that confirmed (well reported to work properly) to work together with Mitsubishi MHK1's and Honeywell RedLINK thermostats (for oil heat).

Thanks.

Back