Elk M1 log.

AnotherOne

Is there anyway to force a zone to place an entry in the log every time it is violated regardless of the armed state of the system?

How about setting the zone to a 13=Aux1 24 Hr. Alarm and setting the pulse alarm to 00 so no report is made? This is off the top of my head and I haven't tested it.

That would work but would defeat the monitoring of that zone when the system is armed.

I didn't see any rules that would allow a text string to be written to the log file.

AnotherOne said:
That would work but would defeat the monitoring of that zone when the system is armed.

I didn't see any rules that would allow a text string to be written to the log file.
I do something like this to log driveway activity. I have a separate partition (area) to which the zone is assigned. That partition never gets armed.

AnotherOne said:
So you want the zone changes logged all the time but only to report to the CS when the zone changes and the system is armed?

How about a combination of mine and carry15+1's suggestions. Set the auxillary zone to a separate area. Write a rule that will only report to the CS when that separate area is armed and that zone violates. Or, what about paralleling that zone as an auxillary zone so you always have a log armed or disarmed. And, use the same switch for a different zone that will call the CS when the system is armed only. I'm still shooting from the hip here.

Back