Elk M1 Relay

Ximat

Good day,

How does the Elk-M1RB connect to the elk panel?

Additionally, I have lost the wire harness for the on board outputs, does anyone know were I can get a replacement?

Thank you,
X

The connection is a simple cable from the M1 to the M1RB - I'm not sure but the M1RB may come with the correct cable.  It comes with one of the components.

Thank you W2P!

Do you have one that you could show me a picture of? Or know where I could find a picture of one connected?

Thank you,
X

Gatchel,

Thank you!

Do you have a pic of the elk side?

Out of curiosity what do you run off of your RB? And did the wire harness come with the RB or the M1G panel?

Thank you,
X

Ximat said:
Gatchel, Thank you! Do you have a pic of the elk side? Out of curiosity what do you run off of your RB? And did the wire harness come with the RB or the M1G panel? Thank you, X

Checkout the owners manual.  It shows you where it plugs in on page 7 in a diagram of the right side of the board.

You get the wire with the m1rb, they might include one with the mother board purchase, but I don't think so.  They include a "flying lead" plug with the m1xovr.  Again, this info is all available on Elk's website under the device.

I got a chance to look at my M1G after I posted my last message. I see where it plugs in now. 'Doh!

What would you need to get in order to install more than those few outputs?

I hate to keep asking stupid questions...

I understand the M1RB plugs directly into the M1G via the outputs on the M1G...

If i need to add more outputs I would get the M1XOVR... How does that connect to the system?

Thank you again,
X

It plugs into the data line, like a keypad or expansion board.  How many relays do you need?

Be advised, I believe you can plug the M1RB into the digital outputs of the M1XOVR to expand the relay numbers, or just get multiple M1XOVR (depends on cost).

Back