Elk-M1KAM door modules randomly fail. Elk rules not carried out.

mikefamig said:
You don't need the first  rule to turn it on if you start checking the output's condition at 7am it will turn it on at 7am and then just continue monitoring it all day until 5pm. Then you will need a rule to turn it off at 5pm and maybe check it a
ll night to make sure that it stays locked again until 7am.

I would use a rule that checks
WHENEVER "every X minutes"
time is "later than 7am"
and time is "earlier than 5pm"
and "output not on" 
then turn it on for the daytime

and just the opposite for the night time rule.

That is what I am thinking but RAL and DEL may have more to offer. They are who I go to when I'm stuck.

Mike.

EDIT - You don't really start checking at 7am as I mis-spoke above, it would check every "X" minutes around the clock.

Right, and I guess I actually would not even need to check if the output is off in the rule since I always want it on during these time periods.

WHENEVER "every X minutes"
time is "later than 7am"
and time is "earlier than 5pm"
then turn it on for the daytime

I could try the above if the Elk does not report that the output is actually off after the failure. It will probably work either way by I see a possible solution now where I had pretty much nothing before.

Thanks again.

Tom

I would also check for the off condition during the off hours. This would lock the doors at 5pm and also this way a person can open the lock with a swipe card or other means during the off hours and the lock would re-lock itself after a predetermined amount of time.

Mike.

Back