ELK M1XEP major troubles - no longer responding

Here's a brief update on my connection problem with the ELKRP software and my M1XEP. After a very short conversation with the folks at SmartHome, My problem is resolved!

The fix was to go into the ISY Admin console and remove the ELK Configuration values, then save the changes. That did it! My XEP stopped re-booting and I was able to reconnect through the RP software.

Apparently, the ISY kept trying to communicate to the M1XEP and because they were not being nice to each other, the XEP kept re-booting.

Can you provide any additional information on what caused the issue and does this solution prevent the M1XEP from communicating with the ISY99 and vise verse?

Can you provide any additional information on what caused the issue and does this solution prevent the M1XEP from communicating with the ISY99 and vise verse?
I had a number of issues, One of them being me as I blasted my way into setting the M1G up and linking it to my network, plus the ISY with very little reading. What a mess I created!

Once I got a little help from SmartHome, I decided it was time to read the manuals and Wiki instructions on setting things up. What I discovered was my biggest problem was the bootware/firmware versions on my XEP needed updating to the latest version. Since I had purchased my XEP over a year ago, the ISY could not communicate correctly through the older firmware.

Once I upgraded the XEP bootware/frimware and adjusted a few settings, the ELK module in the ISY started working like it should.

It's kind of cool too. Before, I had an 'Away' mode for automation only (no security). I would press a KPL button when I would leave to activate that.

Now I can press that button and it does all the things as before, plus arm the ELK in the 'Away' state. I can also press the 'Exit' button on my ELK keypad and it activates the KPL button. And I feel this is just the start of integrating the two systems.

Which settings (M1XEP or ISY99) did you have to adjust to make it all work?
For the M1XEP, all I had to do was update the bootware and firmware. Then verify the TCP/IP DNS addresses were correct. For the ISY, I needed to make sure the port assigned was 2101. That was all, the ISY started to behave as it should and the ELK information came right up.

Flash-forward a decade and this post is still relevant and helpful!! Thanks to @sanders2222 for the tip on disabling the ISY integration.
My ISY994 is running v.5.0.16C and my M1XEP is running firmware v2.0.34 (I think, based on my download history).
I was fixing some other issues on my network while getting my Synology to talk to my AD domain controller w/ jumbo-frames enabled. Just as I got that resolved (had the wrong subnet on the mellanox card in the synology), I heard a beep from the ELK's keypad. "What now!!??" I groaned...

I was close to hooking up a packet sniffer to see what was going on. My Unifi switch told me that the M1XEP's port was sending traffic at ~ 6 Mbps. WTH!? I had no idea what it was talking to, but I certainly couldn't ping it. I was also getting connection drops on a variety of other network devices, so whatever broadcast storm this was causing, it was affecting more than just the ELK.
Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled onto this post. I disabled the Elk config in the ISY, plugged the power back in to the M1XEP and voila! Less ethernet blinkin', reserved DHCP address assigned, ping works again.

I might abandon my ISY programs and use the Home Assistant ELK integration exclusively now.

6 Mbps? Sounds like it got stuck in a loop or was continuously doing a full data dump. Nice catch! I can vouch for the ELK M1 Home Assistant integration, it works pretty well once you tune it properly.

Back