Elk Marketing Collateral

Ah, got it. Thanks anyway, I'm already going to have a hard time convincing these guys that I don't get paid by anyone for this :)

Hi IVB:

Is your presentation for the general public, or aimed at "technical" oriented people? I'm thinking for the general public, a self install will be to much for them! Most people don't understand how a simple switch works, let alone install their own security system. Of course they have an option for a professional to do it, which is what I would suggest they do.

Anyway you might want to emphasize:

1. List or contact some professional installers to get an idea of their pricing and requirements for products they install in your area as these type of questions are surely going to be asked.

2. List some simple type of self install security system for the non-technical person.

Speaking of that, I need some simple security device for my son's apartment when he goes back to college in August! It would be nice to have a stand alone system, sort of like the one mentioned above, but not require drilling into a door lock. It would also be nice if it could dial out or send messages via the internet they will have.

Regards,

BSR

you could always mention that "home owner easy installed" Motorola HMEZ1000 system... I recently saw a TV commercial for something like this I beleive radio shack still sells one like this also....

For archival purposes, plus i'd think the elk marketing guys would want to know, here's the final version of the doc. Well final in that it just went out to the 3 neighborhood groups with members that have expressed an interest in attending the session. I can obviously change it at will, there's enough demand for a 2nd class. I'll hold that once I see how the one this saturday goes.

Reworked to be a little more focused on warning folks that they should probably just get an installer, but here's what to expect.

I was going to put a bit on EOL's in here, but opted against it. I can mention that live if need be, but that level of detail may lose them. This is already tons more content than the fluff they may be expecting.

IVB,
Nice job on the basic training presentation.

Your work is being distributed to the ELKettes.

Back