ELK - Not Hearing Voices

RichardU

I've tried to figure this out by myself, but I'm at the point where I need some help.

I have some doors that people sometimes open while in Stay mode. The doors are "Burglar Entry/Exit 1" so you have some time to shut off the system, but they don't always hear the beeping to alert them the alarm has been triggered.

I would like to announce "System Is Armed" so here is what I have done.

First, all globals G20 - G25 are on.

But since I don't want to hear announcements all the time, I have this rule:

WHENEVER (AREA1) ARM STATE BECOMES ARMED
THEN DISABLE NON-ALARM VOICE MESSAGES

That turns off the messages the first time you arm the system, and they stay off until turned on. Then I have this rule:

WHENEVER (Zn 12) BECOMES NOT SECURE
AND AREA ARMED
THEN ENABLE NON-ALARM VOICE MESSAGES
THEN ANNOUNCE System Is Armed (vm225)

The good news is, this works exactly like I want. The bad news is, sometimes it doesn't.

I cannot discern a pattern of failure. I can open the same door three times, and on the fourth try, I hear no announcement. I'm allowing plenty of time between tries. and nothing else is changing that I can ascertain.

Any ideas?

I re-read your question again:

"WHENEVER (Zn 12) BECOMES NOT SECURE
AND AREA ARMED

The good news is, this works exactly like I want. The bad news is, sometimes it doesn't."

The Rule Event will fire when you violate zone 12 and the state of the system will be armed.

This may work if you want to announce "System Is Armed" after arming. There could be a race condition in which the voices are disabled while the announcement is running. The THEN statements do not wait on the previous Then statement to complete before the next one is executed.

WHENEVER AREA BECOMES ARMED
Then turn on output 100 for 5 seconds

Whenever output 100 turns off

Thanks. I think you have provided the answer I need which is to allow some time events to be processed sequentially.

As for what I was trying to do, basically I just want to announce to someone that the alarm is on, when they enter.

Richard

Back