Elk not pushing commands to RCS

SteveC

The Elk M1 is getting temperatures from the RCS thermostats via XSP expander BUT is not able to send any settings to the units. The system was working at one point, then started working sporadically. I contacted Brad at Elk support and he suggested upgrading the firmware. Did that and now NO settings are sent. I have sent pictures of the XSP board settings to Brad for review, thinking that perhaps the firmware upgrade might be less forgiving than previous software for improper jumpers, etc. Just curious to see if anyone else in the field has run into a similar issue or has any ideas on best ways to troubleshoot this...I am happy to provide snapshots of the XSP board if desired...

What do you mean by 'send settings'? Like you can't control the t-stats from the XEP web interface? Have you verified the settings on the XSP and try re-enrollment of the module?

What do you mean by 'send settings'? Like you can't control the t-stats from the XEP web interface? Have you verified the settings on the XSP and try re-enrollment of the module?

Including image of the XSP (1 of 2, the second interfaced with UPB via RS232 connection) as reply to my original post.

I can not control the settings at the thermostats by rule (verified by creating a direct rule to set a thermostat via Keypad F3 button) or through eKeypad (which currently works great for lighting control). I have tried re-enrollment of the module several times including when I updated the M1G to the latest firmware (and it did an eprom reset).

The Elk M1 is getting temperatures from the RCS thermostats via XSP expander BUT is not able to send any settings to the units. The system was working at one point, then started working sporadically. I contacted Brad at Elk support and he suggested upgrading the firmware. Did that and now NO settings are sent. I have sent pictures of the XSP board settings to Brad for review, thinking that perhaps the firmware upgrade might be less forgiving than previous software for improper jumpers, etc. Just curious to see if anyone else in the field has run into a similar issue or has any ideas on best ways to troubleshoot this...I am happy to provide snapshots of the XSP board if desired...

Picture of the XSP with jumpers detailed. Brad at Elk TS suggested that the jumper on jp2 should be removed so I have tried that to no avail.

Attachments

• XSP.jpg
    XSP.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 17
Back