ELK Products, Inc. announces the release of ELKRMS

ELKRM uses Visual Basic 6 and ELKRMS uses Microsoft .Net. Make sure you have .Net Framework installed on your computer.

How do I connect to different Elk panels using the same program, I have a ser # for each panel.

I would need a different ip address setup for each panel, is their a easy way to select which panel you want to connect
to?

Thanks
Mark

Bump

Mark

Mark to my knowledge this is not possible.

Why would you want/need to connect to different panels from the same software?

Is this version available now? I contacted my distributor and they total me it's not available till next year.

How do I connect to different Elk panels using the same program, I have a ser # for each panel.

I would need a different ip address setup for each panel, is their a easy way to select which panel you want to connect
to?

Thanks
Mark

Bump

Mark

Mark to my knowledge this is not possible.

Why would you want/need to connect to different panels from the same software?

Because I have more than one panel...

I was thinking if their was a way to switch config files, like you can with accounts in elkRP.

Thanks
Mark

I am wondering if you can just copy the directory in Program Files, with its own configuration file. This would allow you to manage multiple panels until this feature has been added.

To connect to different M1's or EZ8's from a single ELKRM or ELKRMS you need to add another serial key to the list of serial keys in ELKRMS. You can add as many as you want. You will have to change the IP address to switch to another control. Multiple IP addresses storage are on the future improvement list.

I put in all my serial #'s for the different panels but It's a pain having to change the IP address's all the time to switch panels.

Is their a way to somehow have two conf's setup and switch between?

Thanks
Mark

Is this version available now? I contacted my distributor and they total me it's not available till next year.
yeah - it's available... see Spanky's link above. Even if your distributor can't sell RMS, you can buy the RM license - it's the same key, so it doesn't matter. You're buying the key more than the software - the software is right on the web-site available for download - then you can plug your key in to unlock it.

I put in all my serial #'s for the different panels but It's a pain having to change the IP address's all the time to switch panels.

Is their a way to somehow have two conf's setup and switch between?

Thanks
Mark
Mark - try what Electron suggested... copy the ElkRM folder under c:\program files and make a second copy - like ElkRMS2 or something... then open that folder and change the IP in ElkRM.xml or just open ElkRMS from that copy and set the different IP. You'd need to manually make a shortcut for this new copy - but in theory it should work. I just have no way or reason to really test it.

I get the same thermostat display, but when I press one of the double arrows I get to my thermostat. The same goes for a temperature sensor I have. The page initially comes up with a reading of 0 until I press an arrow.
I'm also stuck with my 320x240 windows mobile 6 phone. I can't find my way around the installer setup screen to get it to work. I'll look forward to the setup program where I can get the display size right.
Cheers,
Ed

Quick review:

I received my upgrade kit today (for my TS07), which contains very good instructions and a compact flash card with the updated software. It's as simple as taking it out of the wall, removing 4 screws, pop the CF card in, and put everything back. The software is automatically detected during bootup, and it detected the existing settings, so this was truly plug and play, kudos to Elk for making this process so easy!

As for the software, it runs really good on the PC, but on the TS07 it seems to be just a little slower than the older version. Granted, I am extremely picky when it comes to this stuff, so it probably won't bother others as much. Both my wife and I prefered the old 'touch sound', but I am sure we'll get used to this fast. Graphics look great, everything works, looking forward to see what else can be done.

Back