ELK Rule to dial whenever alarm, cuts off OUT1 siren

tenholde

I have just one single rule defined to ELK:
Whenever Any Alarm, Any Area turns ON
then dial xxxxx and Announce Alarm

Works great, except that it terminates the announcing of the alarm from OUT1 and the siren beeps from OUT1. If I disable this single rule, then OOUT1 keeps announcing and beeping. With the rule enabled, OUT1 starts to announce and gets out a few beeps, but it is then cut off as the phone is dialed. Once I answer the phone and hit # to acknowledge the call, the OUT1 alarm and voice continues after a few seconds.

I am guessing that the voice capability of the ELK is diverted to the phone call and cannot continue via OUT1 ???

This is a problem in that I want a phone call to be made as soon as possible to my mobile phone for when I am not at home and an alarm is triggered, but I do not want the alarm to stop announcing at home both in case I am home (STAY) or even if noone is, I want the alarm to continue to announce to scare away any intruders. I am assuming that OUT2 will continue to sound during the phone call, but I have not yet hooked this up as I am still testing.

I have also not set up dialing to a monitoring service yet, as I am still testing. Will the call to the monitoring serving (no voice) disrupt the alarm sounding at home also?

tenholde

I am guessing that the voice capability of the ELK is diverted to the phone call and cannot continue via OUT1 ???
Correct.

This is a problem in that I want a phone call to be made as soon as possible to my mobile phone for when I am not at home and an alarm is triggered, but I do not want the alarm to stop announcing at home both in case I am home (STAY) or even if noone is, I want the alarm to continue to announce to scare away any intruders. I am assuming that OUT2 will continue to sound during the phone call, but I have not yet hooked this up as I am still testing.
You can modify your rules to only phone out when the alarm is in away mode. Plus, if you have an XEP you can send a text to your phone instead of the phone call - which will keep out 1 going. Yes, Out 2 will continue to function no matter what is happening.

As stated, the voice amp on the M1 can only be used for a single output at a time, be it the speakers or via telephone.

Any CS reporting does not affect this, only the ability to use the phone for local/remote control, as the dialer will seize it.

No real easy workarounds that I can recommend.

I have another question about setting rules for when the alarm goes off. I also have it call me but it will just tell me if it is security, fire, etc. I would like to know what was triggered: like the front door or kitchen window. How do I set the rule so when it calls me it can tell me this? I also have it text me so can I have that in the text?

I use the email to text option for alarm notices. Since dynamic messages aren't available I've created emails for what I really want to know individually and what could be grouped together since there are only 16(?) messages total. I then created rules to email me only when the alarm is armed, except for any 24/7 zone, such as water - I'll always get those. So things like water sensors are linked to a single email and things like the front door get a specific message.

Back