Elk Rule

Mike P

Hi,

I am trying to write a rule for my Elk to call my cell phone in an alarm condition. I want it to say there is an alarm and what zone/zones have been violated. I can get it to call my phone no problem, But I can't find how to make it say the zone name or number. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I am trying to write a rule for my Elk to call my cell phone in an alarm condition. I want it to say there is an alarm and what zone/zones have been violated. I can get it to call my phone no problem, But I can't find how to make it say the zone name or number. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Mike
It would be nice if the M1 could text message this same data to a cell phone. I can get my M1XEP to send a text message without problem, but I would like to know what zone has been violated.

I agree. The lack of zone condition in the emails sent is a serious limitation. You have to create an email for each type or each individual alarm limiting to only 16 emails.

I agree. The lack of zone condition in the emails sent is a serious limitation. You have to create an email for each type or each individual alarm limiting to only 16 emails.
The free NextAlarm service is a reasonable workaround for some. The body of the notification email contains things similar to "Perimeter Violation: Front Door" or "Telco Fault Restored".

Wayne,

Good idea, I did not think of that. But I am puzzled now, With all the power the Elk M1 has, I am having a hard time believing a simple task like a dial out or email with zone information is out of Elks range. :)

Thanks,

Mike

Wayne,

Good idea, I did not think of that. But I am puzzled now, With all the power the Elk M1 has, I am having a hard time believing a simple task like a dial out or email with zone information is out of Elks range. :)

Thanks,

Mike

I never tried it but I think it can dial out and announce via voice.

I agree NextAlarm works VERY well. No problems yet with their service and the price is reasonable (I can get a lower price elsewhere since I am in the industry but I liked Nextalarm features so its worth the few extra dollars).

Wayne,

Thanks,

Mike

I never tried it but I think it can dial out and announce via voice.

I agree NextAlarm works VERY well. No problems yet with their service and the price is reasonable (I can get a lower price elsewhere since I am in the industry but I liked Nextalarm features so its worth the few extra dollars).

NextAlarm is ok. It is a step up from the Elk's email capability. But I would like more control over what events are emailed to what addresses.

The Elk can call out and report an alarm via voice. I had it working but it wasn't via a rule.

I really wish the Elk had more notification and rule capabilities. I hope they consider adding more memory to the next version if there is one. It would be even better if they put an sd-ram slot or something on it for custom wave files and memory for texts etc. I would be willing to pay more for those features. I love my elk, but it still seems like a dated platform considering what is possible with today's technology.

Back