ELK Rule

eded9698

I'm having a problem writing this rule. Whenever area1 is armed and garge door is unsecure then (this is where I have the problem) "after 10min" then trigger output 1. Can the ELK trigger after waiting a specific amount of time?

could you use the armed and Zone not secure rule to turn a phantom output for 10 minutes?

then have a second rule to watch for the phantom output to be turned off and trip the real output.

Haven't done this, just trying to remember what I have read in these forums.

Elk used to have that capability, but it was removed from the M1.

Too many people turning things on like water sprinklers after a period of time without turning them off.

You can set up that operation with multiple rules.

Define the zone as a non alarm zone definition, else the alarm will activate when violated. This will not trigger the dialer to dial out.

Whenever Zone becomes not secure
And Area 1 is armed away
Then turn on output 100 for 10 minutes

Whenever output 100 turns off
And Area 1 is armed away
Then turn on output 1 for 5 minutes

...more or less syntax.

If you want to trigger the dialer to dial out after 10 minutes, then define another zone and interface an output to trigger the zone input:
Whenever output 100 turns off
And Area 1 is armed away
Then turn on output 3 for 5 seconds // Output 3's relay contacts connect to the new burglar zone.

Hi,

The trick is to use an unused output as a timer. You will need two rules. The first will be something like

Whenever area1 is armed
then turn on output X for 10 minutes (Replace X with any unused output - it doesn't need to be connected to anything or even present on an expander)

The second rule will fire after 10 minutes:

Whenever output X turns off
and area1 is armed
then turn on output 1

I hope this helps.

Paul

I'm having a problem writing this rule. Whenever area1 is armed and garge door is unsecure then (this is where I have the problem) "after 10min" then trigger output 1. Can the ELK trigger after waiting a specific amount of time?

Whenever Zone becomes not secure
And Area 1 is armed away

But I believe you also need to add this rule (for a total of three rules):

Whenever Area 1 becomes armed away
And Zone is unsecure

The first rule above detects the case when the garage door is opened after the system is armed.
The second rule detects the case when the system is armed with the garage door left open.

Back