Elk Vendor Recommendations

sionxct

I just found out the Automated Outlet is no longer carrying Elk products. What other vendors do you recommend?

Home Controls.... of course I am biased as I am here in San Diego and can go visit them if needed.  But they are a great group of folks and extremely knowledgeable.

Worthington Distribution

Some vendors will allow customers to sign up as dealers, for special pricing.  This varies by vendor, and state.

Neurorad said:
Worthington Distribution

Some vendors will allow customers to sign up as dealers, for special pricing.  This varies by vendor, and state.

I also recommend Worthington for great prices if you can wait a week or two for delivery. Good prices but they don't seem to have any items on hand ready to ship - at least that has been true with Elk parts that I have bought from them.

Mike.

+++ on Worthington for Elk and HAI stuff.

Last purchase related to a new home build 5-6 years ago (for an old friend)...sales folks were great helping me put together a single delivery package.  Set up a dealer account with them in the early 2000's.

I do not remember the time frame from ordering to delivery.  I am based in the Midwest.

It's a shame about Automated Outlet.  I have a dealer account with them too.

I have met Martin a couple of times and he a nice person.

Wondering why relating to Elk panel stuff?

Very sorry to hear AO is not carrying Elk now.  I haven't needed anything in quite some time, but liked AO and Martin quite a bit.  Personally, I think the core Elk system is great but very dated in many components.  I'm stuck with them for now, but in a new install would consider others.

Are you guys sure about Automated Outlet? I just bought $300 worth of Elk from them two days ago.

BTW: Went on Worthington's website and they only have 18 SKU's from Elk.

--David

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They were very helpful when I had a problem with a UPB CIM that I bought there.

Mike.

Maybe AO reconsidered carrying Elk? I had previously purchased Elk products from AO and had a good experience with the purchase. I'm glad to hear they are carrying Elk again.

At the time I posted the original message above... I don't remember all the details... but I ended up calling AO to order additional Elk items and they told me they no longer carried Elk products. I then called Worthington, they were able to get the parts I needed and the experience with them was just as good as my purchase purchase from AO.

Both have comparable pricing (in my experience.) But, you should pick-up the phone and ask for a quote if you want their best pricing. Also, with both vendors, they just drop shipped the products direct from Elk to me. So, I suspect either one can get whatever Elk product you need.

I do recall the Worthington rep saying they had a most of the products I needed in stock, but some of it had to be drop shipped and since I live closer to the Elk plant it would probably be quicker and cheaper to drop ship the entire order. In both cases (purchase from AO and Worthington), I received the product in less than a week of placing the order.

I don't think you can go wrong with either vendor. But, either way, call to get quotes.

BraveSirRobbin said:
Is it just me because anything I click on and try to add to my cart gives me an out of stock notice...

I get the same result.  I can see Elk products if I search for "Elk M1" but if I try and use navigate to them from the Products menu, Elk is not there.

Back