Elk Vendor Recommendations

RAL said:
I get the same result.  I can see Elk products if I search for "Elk M1" but if I try and use navigate to them from the Products menu, Elk is not there.
If I click on 'anything' on that site I'm getting 'out of stock' notices.  Anyone else?

BraveSirRobbin said:
If I click on 'anything' on that site I'm getting 'out of stock' notices.  Anyone else?

Yes, I tried some non-Elk items, and get the "out of stock" message, too.  Seems like their web site is broken.  Do you think anyone at AO is wondering why they aren't getting any internet orders?

Previously, I mentioned that I couldn't find Elk under the products menu.  I had gone down the "Security" path, and didn't find it there, but later I did find it under the "Automation" path.   My error for not looking more closely.

I clicked on a featured item on the front page of AO and when I tried to put it in my cart I got the out-of-stock message.

Mike.

Madcodger said:
Very sorry to hear AO is not carrying Elk now.  I haven't needed anything in quite some time, but liked AO and Martin quite a bit.  Personally, I think the core Elk system is great but very dated in many components.  I'm stuck with them for now, but in a new install would consider others.
I have Elk M1G in our home - about five years now and very solid. We are buying a second home and want to upgrade the security system. Thinking Elk M1G again because having the same system in two houses is a big plus for me (installation, configuration, maintenance, trouble-shooting, etc). But, like you, I see that Elk is so dated in many areas and doesn't seem to invest much in upgrades or new products. Should I consider others for our new second home? Or stick with Elk? I just talked to Home Controls and they said Elk should be fine. I just wonder how a small independent company can exist without getting acquired.

Back