ELKRP download how to open?

Hey there! 1st post. I am installing an M1G and just downloaded elkRP: full install 1 6 12, 51mb. Running XP on a PC. When you click to open/run the program it does not self install and asks what program you want to run it with. Nothing works of course. :angry:

What do I do? Must be something simple I am overlooking. Thanks. :)

I love the forum here. Read about the M1G here prior to buying. So far spent $3.1K w/o any lighting stuff yet! Those parts sure add up fast! :lol:

PS: Ebay has the caddx 448e for only $51+4 from a buy-it now vendor. I bought it from them for $84 but they have lowered the price. Found out a new 548e is coming out that has a 1000 ft. range vs. 500 ft. Great deal if you don't need the new x-range. :D

Welcome to CT!

I would strongly recommend redownloading the file, it sounds like it got corrupted. Be prepared to spend more money, this hobby is addicting, but costly :)

I tried putting in .exe before and it said that is already used and thus would not allow me to do that. Now after you said that I tried again and change the whole name with .exe at the end and it is working! Thank YOU!!!!

If you are using Firefox, it strips the .exe from the file name and you have to add it back to run the program.

maximusbraveheart said:
I tried putting in .exe before and it said that is already used and thus would not allow me to do that. Now after you said that I tried again and change the whole name with .exe at the end and it is working! Thank YOU!!!!
If the file is locket just restart the PC and try again.

Back