Exit error reporting on M1g

newalarm

On my M1g, I set up my garages to arm automatically when garage door closes. works great. But the one loophole I have is that the if the garage door would go back up and once the countdown ended for arming, an exit error would occur. If we were to drive away, the door would stay open and it would go unreported to AlarmRelay.

I wanted to program a rule to notify AlarmRelay if the garage zone creates a exit error. Has anyone done this before?

thanks.

I'm not sure I follow how you have things set up.  Is your zone for the garage door set up as an entry/exit zone (zone type 1 or 2)?

If so, when an exit error occurs, the normal process is that it will create an alarm condition if the panel is not disabled before delay expires, and that should be reported to the CS.  Is that not happening?   Is exit error enabled as a reportable condition in the Area RCs?

That is my issue. I think errors are not enabled. I will look for this. Thank you. I know for a fact that when we have an exit error in other zones, it does not report. I would want CS to report down the tree, but not to the police.

So I have never Messe with the Area RCs. I changed it to 01, it autofilled the CID as 457 and the SIA as EE. Should the CID and SIA be similar to "Alarm Abort' and 'alarm cancel' which is 406 and OC?

newalarm said:
So I have never Messe with the Area RCs. I changed it to 01, it autofilled the CID as 457 and the SIA as EE. Should the CID and SIA be similar to "Alarm Abort' and 'alarm cancel' which is 406 and OC?
You should check with Alarm Relay about what codes they want you to use.

So just to follow up on this, I had a call with AR yesterday and set this up. All I had to do was change the first column to 01 in Area Res. The rest is automatically populated by Elk software. Had to do that for each of my areas. Really easy. 

Back