Fan speed control

The only retrofit fan speed controller I know of is Visia RF. There is supposedly an Insteon version, but I dont know how good it is and it won integrate with OP. I have a couple fantech fans and a fireplace blower that I control from Centralite elegance, it's a hard wired system. So if you plan to have other zwave devices like door locks, you may consider investing in Vizia RF, it plays well with HAI controller.

picta said:
There is supposedly an Insteon version, but I dont know how good it is and it won integrate with OP.
The Insteon FanLinc works well enough. 3 speed control, can also control a light with dimming (really intended for a ceiling fan with a light kit). I have three, no complaints. Can't address the question of integration with other systems though.

For what it's worth, I have a very new Casa Vieja ceiling fan, and from the day I installed it there's been a light hum when on the lowest speed setting.

Here's a question, I have the Vizia+ Zwave fan switches. When you press the physical button to turn it on, it goes to full speed for a moment, then down to whatever level it was set for. So when I automate these things, you would set a level at a desired time and the switch just goes directly to that level. Isn't this defeating the purpose?? Shouldn't it , even if controlled remotely, go to the full level for a moment, then to desired?
Would make more sense. Obviously I worked around this by setting the automation to go to full for 10secs, then to desired level but you would think the purpose of this switch would be to do that automatically.

I'll add another question about the Visia RF+ fan control. With my Hunter outdoor fans the low and medium settings are running far too slow. There is a difference so the control is working. Any way to adjust these for a higher output?

Since Insteon units were raised three times, here is the link to the unit.

It is compatible with Insteon and X10, reported reliable by many, and can bee hooked in to Insteon thermostats without even using  an HA controller and wireless control.
Code:
https://www.aartech.ca/2475f-smarthome-insteon-fanlinc.html

Back