FireFox CocoonTech Image Problem

harleydude

Whenever I am view the forums and a message contains a thumbnail to a pic and I click on it I get the following show up in a new tab.

Code:
ÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿàÿØÿà
ÿØÿà

Looks like FireFox is trying to open the image as a text file. I have googled the issue and did not come up with much. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I have been right clicking and selecting "View Image". Have had to do this since I found the forums in March.

Same problem here, and same solution as JM9's.

I have not seen it on any other forum that I frequent.

I contacted Electron yesterday and here's what he said:
Unfortunately, I am aware of the issue, it started when the Host made some changes, so not sure where the issues is. I am planning on moving to a new host in the very near future, so I won't run into problems like this anymore.

I use the View Image workaround also.

Yea, has been happening for a long time for me as well....I finally just set Cocoon tech in FireFox to open it in an IE tab.

Well, don't agree here about loosing firefox. It's a valid option for many reasons.

But back to the issue at hand. Yes, the site is not setting the MIME type for these pictures. Here's the response..

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:51:34 GMT
Server: Power MOD by web4host.net
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.2
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=500
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

For Electron, I doubt it's a problem with the host, but more with the board's IPB software not take care for the PHP quirk noted by harleydude. We're running on IPB 1.3.1 from 2003 (see the footer) and the current rev is at least 2.1.7.

I'm betting that upgrading IPB will make the problem go away.

Yes, some browsers will inspect the content stream and make assumptions to render the content, but that doesn't discount serving up the content correctly.

gcimmino said:
Forgot to add: I'd be more than happy to contribute to the upgrade costs.
As I understand, CT 2.0 will be out sometime soon...It would have been here sooner, but all of the issues with the lightning strike have kept E busy with more important things. When CT2.0 comes, I believe we'll be going iwth the newest version of IPB

Back