First Time Homeowner with amateur hour questions about my pre-installed system

How, or do I set up dialing on OPii in dealer access to use Nextalarm? Got the broadband adapter with three solid greens (router and phone cable to jack right of the  networking jack to the right of the five serial ports on the OPii) and went onto Nextalarm website, set up panel info as other and specified OPii, entered location contacts and zones. System test says system is offline. Customer support number says send and email with problem, which I will do. 

Thanks

For the NextAlarm ABN4A the telephone cabling is the same as in analog connection.

Relating to the OmniPro 2 network connection you would leave the current one in place.  IE: the one next to the 5 serial ports would go to your network switch and or router.  The ABN4A network connection / port / cable would go to another router / switch connection.

Then you would sign in to your Next Alarm account and put it in to test mode.

Then you would test your OmniPro 2 panel to Next Alarm.

One change in service that I have noticed is that you cannot change your zones et al unless you request to do so via an email.  Once you do this once then when you log back in to Next Alarm the assignments of the Zones options are not listed until you do another request via email.

They will enable the feature once.   It is sort of PITA.

So in recap your network cabling should be==>

Next Alarm ABN4A ==> Network Port ==> Home network switch or router/switch
OmniPro ==> Network port ==> home network switch or router/switch (as always wired)

Next Alarm ABN4A ==> phone jack == > RJ31X on OmniPro - same as your copper telephone line connection.

wiring.jpg

I'm set up as you described. 

I did get this reply (finally) from tech support at Nextalarm: Any numbers can be assigned to the account number, 4-digits, and the receiver number, 11-digits.  Your alarm system has to be set to Contact ID and DTMF/tone dialing. Once the programming is updated, please generate an alarm signal, allowing the siren to sound for at least 45 seconds.  If it was received successfully then your account can be made active. 

The panel was set to tone and contact ID. Problem with the default digital communicator setting was that there was no number just a dash for phone 1 and 2. I read in the installers manual that if you have a dash instead of a phone number, that disengages digital dialer. I entered an 11 digit string for phones 1 and 2, tripped a zone and waited 30 seconds for the default dialout delay in miscellaneous settings. The alarm light on the Nextalarm broadband adapter started flashing indicating communication to the monitoring station. All set up now. Thanks.

Back