fitbit scale and guests

wkearney99

Ok, so now I know my cleaning lady weighs 133.2#, thanks to the FitBit Aria scale we have in the master bath.  It allows up to 8 recognized users but still syncs anyone else as a 'guest'.  It tracks weight and BMI and matches those to known accounts linked to it.  I set an account up for each of us and our weights are far enough apart that it has no trouble figuring out who's on the scale.

It's been a bit twitchy maintaining an effective WiFi connection.  Seemed to work fine on one router (closer to it, with a good signal) but had since decided it doesn't like that SSID.  Typically annoying 'user friendly' UI just says "WiFi ERR" when trying to set it up again.  You have to use a browser on a WiFi-capable device (android phone in this case).  Remove the batteries, wait, power it up again and then connect to the SSID it announces.  Use the browser to scan for SSIDs, configure one and then switch back to that SSID.  

It seems like a clever gizmo, provided it doesn't keep losing it's WiFi link.  Last thing I need it yet another device to keep reconfiguring.  

Meanwhile, the WAF on a Fitbit Charge HR band is pretty high.  Gets about 6 days out of a charge, but uses a proprietary USB-band cable (more on the way via Amazon).  But like most Bluetooth connections there's a bit of a shenanigans involved getting it linked up and properly handling phone call notifications.  Seems to have stayed working with her Moto X thus far.

Back