For sale - 60+ Insteon Switches/Controllers/Lamp Modules, etc.

english_1969

SOLD!

Hi,

I've got a BUNCH of Insteon switches, some new, some old, some not working.

I'm contemplating just dumping it, but thought I'd offer it up here first.

I believe I have around 60 switches, keypads, lamp modules, controllers, motion sensors, etc.

Everything is sitting in a box - can send a few pictures.

Will sell for $50 (OBO)+cost of shipping.

Warren

Curiosity question Warren.

Are you just upgrading your Insteon switches or abandoning the technology?

I am impressed with your Theater blog on AVS.  Very nice!

Also your model rocketry stuff / blogs.  I didn't think many folks were still into model rocketery.  I played with model rockets in the 1960's.

I had much fun with it. 

I have a complete Crestron system now.  Just got tired of the constant failures with the Insteon switches.  My wife is happy and like the automation touches I've added....and it's pretty much 100% reliable.  That's the important thing to me now.

There are segments of people that really enjoy "adult" model rocketry.  It's pretty cool to launch a 40 pound rocket 10,000+ ft. and recover it using electronics and tracking systems.  Satisfies both a power/pyro urge and an electronics/control urge at the same time.

WE

Thanks Warren. 

Guessing then you did not DIY your Crestron system eh?

Yup here introduction was via grade school science teacher with no money spend limits on what he purchased in the 1960's. 

We did go deluxe at the time with large multistage rockets with mostly just cameras and mice as payloads.

While it was related to just our science class of maybe 20 of us; the whole school did always watch the launches. 

It was not really a large school though.

That started me purchasing Estes model rockets to play with. 

BraveSirRobbin said:
We don't do 'bids' here per the for sale forum's rules posted in that forum.
It says no LINKS to auctions. Doesn't say you can't accept a best offer higher than your original asking price.

az1324 said:
It says no LINKS to auctions. Doesn't say you can't accept a best offer higher than your original asking price.
I'm not going to get into semantics, but the spirit of the rules are that we don't do auctions or 'best price' type of sales here (this can lead to all kind of problems, ill feelings, and additional trouble that we just don't want to have here).  You state an asking price and that's it.  Of course, you do have the option of lowering the price if the item doesn't sale.

Rules:
  • Only products in the CocoonTech realm will be allowed.
  • Manufacturers, dealers and vendors are not allowed to sell.
  • Only direct sales, no links to auctions or other sales sites are permitted.
  • Your profile must be up to date (location, e-mail, etc.).
  • You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession.
  • You must include basic information such as the location it is shipping from, and the price.
  • CocoonTech.com is NOT responsible for these transactions.
  •  

BraveSirRobbin said:
I'm not going to get into semantics, but the spirit of the rules are that we don't do auctions or 'best price' type of sales here (this can lead to all kind of problems, ill feelings, and additional trouble that we just don't want to have here).  You state an asking price and that's it.  Of course, you do have the option of lowering the price if the item doesn't sale.

•  
Bah!  More ill feelings the other way:  seller doesn't get best price for his items, member who wants or needs item most doesn't get it.  Capitalism, yo!  Dig it!

Hi - Right now, I have a buyer - just working out shipping.  It's the first person that replied to the post.
If, for some reason, that falls through, I'll go to the next.
No - I don't want to split this up.  It's either trash or sell and ship here.

Regarding the Crestron install - I did it myself.  I am fortunate that I have a local vendor that allowed me to work under their Crestron relationship.  If for some reason I sell my house, they will provde support to the new homeowner.  

Warren

Back