Garage door opener programming problem

Mike P - I offered an inexpensive trick in post # 11; it's probably way easier to plug that $28 thing in above the opener than to have to move the thing. They're simple and work great.
I do like to have everything working the way it is supposed to, but thanks, I may have to bend a little and make and make a little less work for myself. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.

Thanks again,

Mike

I install garage door openers and universal remotes programming is usually easy: wnet.name/content/visor_compact_prog.html . But sometimes customer's demands include programming of different built-in remotes of their cars and that is usually problematic. And as to me, I use Craftsman universal remotes for my garage door opener (Sears Craftsman too) and don't use built-in homelink...

Here programmed houses and neighbors all the same way.  (there is one Lexus Sports Util with Homelink buttons).  Thinking all of the Lexus Homelink buttons are the same.

All same two garage doors / two Liftmasters X 2 and one X one Liftmaster. 

1 - Hold buttons one (1) and three (3) on the Homelink device to reset all links.
2 - move the car back such that I can fit a short step ladder in front of the vehicle to reach the programming button on the garage door opener (holding the Liftmaster garage door opener next to the Homelink button didn't always work for me)
3 - this part is a PITA cuz you have to work fast; but always works for me.  (easier to do with two people).  Not sure how long the Liftmaster programming mode stays (blinks). 
3 - put the garage door motor in programming mode (starts to blink)
4 - step into the vehicle and push the button you want to work the door. 
5 - garage door opener light blinks/flashes when programmed.
6 - test the button

I left it a one button for left garage door and 3rd button for right garage door.  (middle Homelink button is not utilized - for me).

I left the car running or ignition on as powering off the automobile shuts off the Homelink buttons (well for me).

Back