Goofy request... protecting an exterior Gas Grill

Loving the blasting cap idea.. Tadr, It's not an option.. the grill is a beast so it's gonna have to stay outside. Fortunately it's around back on my patio below my deck, it's pretty much out of sight.

if it's not on a gas line I would be a little worried about people stealing my propane cylinders. My 'tank farm' is also part of our earthquake kit, so I've just used a bike-cable lock to hinder their walking.

if it's not on a gas line I would be a little worried about people stealing my propane cylinders. My 'tank farm' is also part of our earthquake kit, so I've just used a bike-cable lock to hinder their walking.
That's not very HA friendly now is it...Definitely a KISS way of looking at things and probably the best option.

Surprised no one has recommended electrifying the grill while you are not using it. Probably pretty simple too, Im not talking enough amperage to kill but at least enough to make it uncomfortable to be pushing the thing around.

OR, just go get a gigantic grill from Costco.....if someone wants to roll one of those huge things away, good luck!

Back