Great deals and free shipping

I second that. I've used them for years and have bought lots of stuff with out any problems. They used to be called googlegear...

I will also give Zipzoomfly two thumbs up! I purchase for my company and have spent over $100,000 with them (we build all of our computer). I've never had one bad experence with them.

Terry

Once you get past the name, this is a great place to shop . . .
I will also give Zipzoomfly two thumbs up!
Has anybody had to contact their support department?

I bought a motherboard and memory from them last week. The driver CD is unreadable. Not their fault.

But I have left three phone messages, two web support requests, a missing-component message and an RMA request over the last two days. I have received not even an acknowledgment of any of those requests. I've never had this problem with NewEgg.

Has anyone else had support issues with ZipZoomFly? Is this typical or an anomaly?

I've never had this problem with NewEgg.

I have never done buisness with these guys but .....
Not to turn this into a B*$%H session but I have had my fair share of problems with NewEgg, not delivering product, not working ect..... But they did answer ALL my emails and online chat every time though...

Their past six month Reseller Ratings aren't that good...
Wow, talk about a meteoric decline: from way above average to way below average. You can almost see them burning up in the atmosphere.

No reply from them still. I have sent an email to corporate threatening to dispute the credit card charge if they don't respond.

But here is something new (to me, at least):
The motherboard came with a $20 rebate. But you need to file for your rebate through a third party, MyRebates411.com, that requires you to give them your name, address, phone number and email address. Their "Privacy Policy" states that they can give this information out to anybody that wishes it (and is willing to pay for it, I'm sure).

They are definitely on my never again list.

Not here to defend ZZF, but I bought some stuff from Newegg that also has a rebate thru myrebate411, so thats not really a neg for ZZF. Also, I know its a tad inconvenient, but can't you just download drivers and make your own cd? Seems alot easier than fighting with ZZF over it. Now, if the hardware was bad, thats an entirely different story...

Not here to defend ZZF, but I bought some stuff from Newegg that also has a rebate thru myrebate411, so thats not really a neg for ZZF.
Thanks for that heads-up, Steve. It looks like I simply will ignore rebate offers from now on. I will be sending the same letter about the issue to NewEgg. In effect, NewEgg is selling your personal information to a third-party, so that the third-party can sell it to any number of fourth-parties.

Also, I know its a tad inconvenient, but can't you just download drivers and make your own cd?
That is what I did, but the website does not have all of the drivers. Device manager says that I still have three "Unknown Devices", and the audio is not yet working. That is not to say that the CD has all of the drivers, but I can't get in touch with tech-support to find out.

Actually, they don't even have a tech-support link on their web site. They had a link for RMAs, for missing components and for leaving feedback. I have tried all three, besides leaving phone messages.

I will dispute the credit card charge on Wednesday, if I haven't heard from them.

Wow, that would be pretty scary that a manufacturer doesn't have all the drivers on the site. What brand was it?

Back