HAI HLC configuration step

Whenever i open up the Upstart software, a screen shows up with message severe power line noise, but very strong signal, noise indicator is at zero, few minutes later, noise level fluctuates low to severe

Well there's a problem you need to deal with.  If you have the time and ability, start turning off breakers in your house so that the only thing on is the circuit that is feeding the Omni Pro II.  If the noise is still there, then turn off the Omni branch, turn on a different branch and go plug in there and test.

We need to isolate what's causing your noise problems.  By doing just the Omni, and then just one other branch, we can test if the noise is coming from outside your home, the Omni circuit, or a different circuit.

Noise on both tests - Coming from Outside
Noise on Omni but not on second test - Noise is on the Omni branch
No noise on Omni - it's something in your house that you will need to search for

If you get no noise with just the Omni on, start turning breakers back on until it reappears.  That's the branch that has something misbehaving on it.

Thanks very much for the detailed instructions. Will give it a try later on. It seems it gets very noisily during the day, last night, the noise level was very low.

One more question,

I don't have a backup battery pack yet for the Omni, if turn the system off, will I loose all the information, the names for each security devices or should I wait for the battery? Thanks

Thanks everybody for all the help. Finally figured out what was the problem. All I needed was to reboot the controller, then everything worked.

rugao123 said:
Thanks everybody for all the help. Finally figured out what was the problem. All I needed was to reboot the controller, then everything worked.

Wow, really?  The Omnis are usually bullet proof.

Do you know what version of the firmware you are running?

3.13 but some of have noted strange behavior with it, which is not normal for an HAI release.

Back