HAI HLC configuration step

rugao123

I have an Omni II pro controller, and 15 HAI LED dimmers.  Large new construction house, with one main panel and 2 subpanels, the phase coupler is installed by the main panel in the basement.  The UPB interface is connected to the Omni II pro, and set to message mode, blicking amber light.  

Named few rooms through the controller,

Tried to configure, (6,1,#,#), it got stuck on STARTING, it doesn't go anywhere, it's not recognizing the light switch.  I did the five quick click on the rocker switch first (the blue LED light started blinking), then went to the controller to configure.  Only doing it one at time.  

It's a brand new Omni II pro, the UPB is plugged into serial port 3 and set to serial port III on the controller.  

I tried with UPstart software, I was to configure with it, and control the light through the software.  But, the software shows the there is severe noise in the power line.  After I plug the UPB back into the Omni II board, when I turn the light on, it comes up then dims itself off automatically.

I followed the instructions from the HAI knowledge base and user's manual.

UPB network ID and Password are all set.

***I finally figured out the last issue I had, which was not to communicate with Omni thru the serial port using the UPstart, it was the USB cable.  I borrowed another from friend of mine.  It workd fine.  I wonder this time if it is the cable also, I think I mixed the two different cables, one came wtih the UPB interface and the other one came with the serial adapter.  I tried both of them, still didn't work.  I'm getting another HAI UPB.

No, how do I go about to identify the source of the noise.  I have too many things-2 Heat Recovery ventilator, 2 central humdifiers, electrical dryer and washer, kitchen appliances, central vac, hot water recirculator, Insinkrator instant hot water.

120 Cree Led recessed lighting

Any devices to lower the noise?

But, I was to control the line thru the Upstart software, shows strong signal.

Thanks

You have to identify what is causing the noise.
Electric motors and fluorescent ballasts are big culprits.
Inexpensive transformers as well.

Is it intermittent or constant?

The Cree LED lights are likely not the problem, my entire house has them.
I have 3 banks of fluorescent shop lights that were very noisy when on only, they have electronic cold weather ballasts which seem to be noisier than the standard electronic ballasts in my garage lights.
I had to install noise filters which made the problem go away.

You have to be methodical to locate the source. Turn things off one at a time, or turn off circuit breakers one at a time to narrow down the circuit, then turn the equipment on that circuit off one at a time.
I used the Simply Automated wire in filters, they fit inside a deep 4x4 box.
They are 10A, but you can install multiples if the load is higher than that.

I just received my new UPB from Leviton, used the second as spare connecting to the laptop.  

Now, it indicates has a very strong signal and zero noise.

But still unable to program from console,

able to program from the Upstart and control it from Upstart, but unable to control from the console.

Not sure I'm understanding you correctly.  Exactly what PIM are you using?  Are you using a USB PIM to connect to the Omni Pro II panel (though a USB/serial adaptor)? 

If the same PIM is working fine with UPStart but not with the Omni, then the PIM is in "pulse" mode and not "message" mode.

There is a small recessed button on the PIM on one of the sides.  Get a paperclip or something and while its plugged in press the button 5 times.  The LED should start blinking green.  Press the button 10 times very quickly - the PIM should begin to blink red. Press the button 1 time - the PIM should stop blinking, indicating it has been reset.  I bet things start working with the Omni after that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried the resetting UPB, 5-10-1, the second UPB is coonected to the laptop via usb adapter.

On the console, it stuck on the screen "configure Row 2, starting", the lighting is also in setup mode (quick 5 taps), with blinking blue led

When you look at the little LEDs beneath the serial port on the Omni, do you see any flickering when you attempt to program the switch?  Are either of the lights on solid?

Lights are flickering on Omni board and the UPB module alternating red and green light with buzzing sound.

Do i have name all the units, or just the units I'm going to use. There are 225 units. Named few room names 1,9,17,25

Setup,7-name,1-control

Unit 1- family room
Unit2-4 names each individual dimmer switch

Unit 9 kitchen
Unit 10-14 names for each dimmer

You only need to program the names for units you will use.  Same with room names.  If you don't have a name programmed, they will be skipped.

If you use the exact same outlet with your programming PIM and UPStart can you detect items in setup mode?

"If you use the exact same outlet with your programming PIM and UPStart can you detect items in setup mode?"

Yes, i was to detect the dimmers and program it from same outlet, and able to control the switch through the Upstart software

But from the same outlet as the Omni's PIM?  I am trying to see if maybe you have a power line problem.

Back