HAI Lighting

ccap

I am about to purchase alot of HAI lighting. Does anyone have any direct experience with the product?? I was also looking at PCS Pulseworks.

My HAI Omni is going to control the lighting

THanks
Chris

We just finshed up a HLC add-on to a OmniproII. The last time I counted it was well over 150 devices including 25 room controllers, all HLC except for lamp and appliance modules. While we are using four SA inverting phase couplers and signals in upstart look less than desirable we have not had a miss yet. Watch out for line conditioners outside the leviton units and High end displays can clean the lines also if near a device. This house has zero noise and has worked flawless, but the technology of upb still makes me nervous. If it's a large install plan and plan again with the HLC planning worksheet so everthing is in it's right place and well documented. Let me know if you have specific questions? If you have a omni the HLC is the only way to go due to status, control, saved time, and etc and I am a big fan of PCS products also.

Thanks Edenlights,

I am going to look for the layout worksheets and plan my order. From what I am hearing it is very reliable, I hope so becaue I ran all my switches in my new addition to the closet and I will onlt have keypads in the rooms

I also like the HAI lighting because the cost is lower than the PCS devices.

You can get the worksheets and info. in the Lumina Pro Advanced Manual pages 108 to the end. If you have any omni touches remember that you can have virtual room controllers by naming a room as the first unit as you normally would. I use this alot for rooms such as Exterior front, Exterior Back, Christmas, Storage Rooms, and etc. that I dont want a room controller installed on the wall.

http://www.homeauto.com/Support/Downloads/...controllers.asp

Sorry, but I do not quite understand. Can you please explain a virtual controller, etc.
I found the information in the documents, thank I will print and read all about it

Its nice to know there are nice knowledgeable people out there that can help

Hi Edenlights.

I am working on the HAI worksheets, but have a question. Can I make a hallway a room? I have five circuits for the hallway.

Also for the dining room for example, I only have two circuits so I will just add two UPB switches no controller, same with living room.

I would think that anything with more than four circuits could use a controller.

Can you give me some expamples of your lighting schemes?

Thanks

ccap said:
I am working on the HAI worksheets, but have a question. Can I make a hallway a room? I have five circuits for the hallway.

Also for the dining room for example, I only have two circuits so I will just add two UPB switches no controller, same with living room.

I would think that anything with more than four circuits could use a controller.

Can you give me some expamples of your lighting schemes?

Thanks
1. You can make any number of switches within a room with or without a physical room controller. Using HLC you can add 1-7 Switches:

Example:
1-1 Hall Lts
1-2 Recessed
1-3 Sconces
1-4 Art 1
1-5 Art 2
1-6 Bookcases

If you have a room controller it will be programmed in HLC and then you can set scenes using the HLC format: Press scene, adjust loads, and then press scene 5 times. If you have Omni touch you will see room controllers listed first with access to all loads under the go to button. You can set scenes here also, if you dont have a physcial room controller it will be your only option.

2. No lamps or etc. that would benefit from an room controller??

3. I like room controllers in every room, sometimes 2 or 3. Bedside in pedestal, entrance, and exit.

4. Show House: sets each room controller to scene A, saves a ton of programming lines and customer can change scene all he wants at omni touch, room controllers, and or both and show house always works with no new omnipro programming.

Out of time, I will try to post more help if I am going in the right direction for you??

Thanks for the reply. Can you show me a room controller in a pedestal?

Also have a few other questions

1. What do you do for bathrooms? Room controller? My bathrooms have at least three circuits. Kids are always leaving the lights on

2. I imagine you can have multiple house controllers. I have more than 8 rooms in my house I would like to monitor. Then I can engrave the buttons to reflect the proper rooms

3. On a existing three way switch, cna you use one side fo a room controller?

4. Who make a good UPB lamp plug in controller.

Boy!! You never realize the amount of switches you have in a house until you start using the worksheets and setting all this up.

Thanks for all the help. I am about to order my first batch of switches, controllers, phase couplers, etc. ;)

Can you show me a room controller in a pedestal?
I don't have a picture of one but I use several myself - they fit nicely in there and look great too.

What do you do for bathrooms?
I use standard switches but control the usage with the automation. For smaller bathrooms with just a light and a fan, I'll turn on the fan if the light has been on for more than a minute and turn it off 5 minutes after the light is turned off. You can also check the status of the lights periodically and if it stays on more than xx minutes, you can then send it a signal to dim down to zero over a period of time (I like 15 minutes). This is handy if someone really is still in there to give them plenty of time to turn the light back on.

For larger bathrooms with lots of loads, I use controllers.

On a existing three way switch, cna you use one side fo a room controller?
Yes!! I've done this in many locations in my house. It's a great way to add a transmit only device without making holes in the wall.

Who make a good UPB lamp plug in controller.
The Simply-Automated ones I think are the best. We also have them available as Open Box Specials here.

Regarding the bathroom set up, how do you use standard switches and control them?? Get you explain further on how it all works. I have an Omni Pro II.

Thanks
Chris

ccap said:
Regarding the bathroom set up, how do you use standard switches and control them?? Get you explain further on how it all works. I have an Omni Pro II.

Thanks
Chris
I think he meant a standard as in single paddle switch vs a multibutton.

Since I am heading for the HAO lighting with the Omni Pro, what software should I use to help program the lighting and the onmi in general?? Thanks
Chris

Back