HAI Lighting

OK Just ordered a bunch of UPB HAI controller, dimmers, switches, couplers, slaves. This better work. all the wiring in my new addition is home run to a closet and only keypads are at the rooms. We shall see????? :D

If all your switches are in closets and you are using keypads, why are you buying slaves?

Good luck,
Dave

Sounds like you will be playing with UPstart soon. If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to download the sample UPstart file that I posted months ago. It is of a home with over 80 devices. It can be found in This Thread. If you have any questions please let me know.

Good luck
Dave

Thanks Dave,

Regarding the Slaves, the older part of the house has a bunch of three ways so I am using them there. I will download the software, thanks for the thread.

You know I will be in touch with everyone, Thanks

I have been think about the programming of the lighting, and I don't think I need to use UPStart becaue I have an HAI Omni Pro II. Wouldn't I do the programming through the Omni and not use this software???

Chris

Hello all,

I just installed a bunch of dimmers and keypads. Seeing that they are not programmed yet, the on button of any keypad turns on all the lights. However I did some simple programming by setting a scene and hitting one of the keypad button 5 times. Now I want to restore the keypads to factory default. I followed the instructions by holding the on and off buttons until all the buttons start blinking, then hold the A & D buttons, then then it says the A&D buttons should stay lit, however the on and off buttons light up instead and it does not go back to factory default.

Any ideas how to get it back to factory default?

Thanks

Oh and BTW out of 20 dimmers, one exploded on the electrician, blew the cover right off it!!! <_<

Oh and BTW out of 20 dimmers, one exploded on the electrician, blew the cover right off it!!!
Ouch! I bet that raised your bill another $100 (at least). Defective unit, or miswired?

1 - press and hold the ON and OFF buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds

2 - all of the buttons will then blink

3 - press and hold the A and D buttons for at least 3 seconds

4 - blinking will stop and the A and D buttons will be on indicating that you have done the factory reset

AutomatedOutlet said:

1 - press and hold the ON and OFF buttons at the same time for at least 3 seconds

2 - all of the buttons will then blink

3 - press and hold the A and D buttons for at least 3 seconds

4 - blinking will stop and the A and D buttons will be on indicating that you have done the factory reset
I tried that but the on and off buttons light up not the A & D buttons. Any reason why??

jlehnert said:
Oh and BTW out of 20 dimmers, one exploded on the electrician, blew the cover right off it!!!
Ouch! I bet that raised your bill another $100 (at least). Defective unit, or miswired?
Defective. It will be goin back and getting replaced along with another large order

ccap said:
OK...Strange but I got it to reset by holding the A & B buttons not the A&D ones. Strange
I recently found two SA swtiches to have the plungers/pins reversed after removing the rocker. :) Had me confused for about an hour. Could that be what happened in your case?

Back