Hai touchscreen no audio button. (Russound)

I have the 32A00-5 3.9 screens and they don't show the audio button, will this just appear when I connect my Russound CAA66 via serial (http://www.homeauto.com/products/consolestouchscreens/omnitouchvideo.asp)

I'm currently on firmware 2.13 which according to HAI supports the CAA66 as early as 2.10. My lastest upgrade chip is in the mail. I have PC Access 3 1105.

As to connecting the units, can I use a Cat5e cable to make the run between the board and CAA66? (rj45-db9) It's about 50 feet or so.

As to connecting the units, can I use a Cat5e cable to make the run between the board and CAA66? (rj45-db9) It's about 50 feet or so.
 I am doing that today with about 25 feet of cat5e.  Its also going to an auto terminal switcher such that I can control the CAA66's with two controllers plus the keypads.

Very nice, how did that go? I ordered a few db9 to rj45. If I understand this correctly, on the other end I'll place a RJ12 6 pin and plug that into the board. Any info on how the Russound is pinned out on the rs232 and how it needs to be pinout on the rj12 to the omniproii?
pete_c said:
 I am doing that today with about 25 feet of cat5e.  Its also going to an auto terminal switcher such that I can control the CAA66's with two controllers plus the keypads.

Did a little DIY, wired the Russound CAA66 via an extra Cat5E that was already ran in wall (prob close to 50 foot run no issues via RS232)

DB9 Male connector to the Russound and an RJ24 6p6c using only the middle four pins to the board. The Cat5e; I wired it as a crossover cable. For some reason this info I couldn't find anywhere. Thought I'd make phyical post for the next DIY guy.

Booted up PC Access; picked the port I connected it to under the expainsion section and used baud rate (9600). Pretty much plug and play from there. Now I have the audio button on all the touchscreens, works flawless.

Back