HAI and Russound DMS integration

bigo93bronco

Hello all,

I'm in the early stages of planning out my DIY HA, Security, Automation, and distributed audio/video setup.  I want to use the OmniPro II for security and light automation, and a Russound MCA-C5 and DMS for distributing music.  My question is regarding feedback and metadata at the HAI touchscreens, and/or smart phone app(s).  Will the omnipro be able to get metadata from the DMS and the internal AM/FM tuner of the MCA-C5 to the touchscreens?  For all the sources or media types the DMS offers?  If you know of third-party touchscreens that would be better-suited i'm all ears too.  My plan is to use a combniation of the Omnitouch 7's (in more important locations) and the older 5e's in less important ares like the laundry room, bathroom, etc.  I will also probably use apps for tablets, computers, iphones sprinkled in as well.  The main reasons for TS's everywhere is for metadata about what your listening to (and album art) and to have a way of viewing certain secuirty cameras IE: everytime I try to take a shower someone rings the door bell, and i'd like to know if its worth going down there or not :)

I don't have an answer, but also interested to hear about what's available with this setup.... and more specific for me, what's available when used with Elk.

well I can tell you that I did a little bit of research, and HAI seems to integrate with Russound better than Elk.  I wanted to go with Elk since its cheaper, but I heard about a number of issue with Russound control, and I don't care for their TS offerings.  If i'm off on this, someone feel free to correct me; i'm by no means an expert or anything.

Back